Bundy Accountable for Standoff

Help Support CattleToday:

Just want to mention: If you want to see prosperity in action, look at Washington states economy. They have the highest minimum wage in the country. No state income tax. And a hugely booming economy with I believe the lowest unemployment rate. Also the lowest welfare budget I believe.

Hate to confuse people with facts.

slick4591":3698esh0 said:
I wonder how it would have turned out if our forefathers had just taken a vote to expel the British?

I love this. Vote to expel them? Didn't we steal this country from them? They owned it. What does one have to do with a few of "us" stealing what belongs to all of "us?" Bundy is stealing from "us."

gimpyrancher":ws969apt said:
Chuckie":ws969apt said:
I would love for someone to tell me what he is doing for them in office that makes them feel better now.

Perhaps the only good thing he's going is keeping the other side out of the White House. What exactly are the House Republicans doing for America? Obstructing everything that would help improve the problems this country is facing.

Only looking at one side has it's advantages, right?

While Harry Reid sits on bill after bill that comes to his desk that HE doesn't agree with and refuses to allow it to even come to a vote. And BHO is too gutless to sit down face to face and negotiate with anyone. Seems he's the one that grabs his football and runs back to the WH or AF1 and as president he's suppose to be the Chief Negotiator. The most unqualified, inept, useless POS thaat ever darkened the door of the WH.

gimpyrancher":2p1u8z2c said:
highgrit":2p1u8z2c said:
The stock market is crazy high, money is making money.

Can you personally say you are making big money in the Stock Market? Is "your" money making money like it used to or are we speaking of the benefits the 1% are enjoying?

Most Americans lost more in the stock market than they'll ever recover.
Gimpy you must have lost your ass completely. Only folks that lost were those that bailed out. Loss is determined by price at the time of investment. Even with the huge downturn in '08 most were still ahead as the market had climbed steadily for years. Only thing that actually changed was recalculating the yield over time. Only people who lost were those who bailed and stuck it in a bank account and have watched it do nothing.

Gimp the founders didn't steal the country they took it by force, same way most countries started out. Bundy is not stealing from me I give him my permission to use all of it he wants to.

Reminds me of a couple I used to know
When they had a bad crop they wanted everyone to have a bad crop
When they had a good crop they wanted everybody else to have a bad crop
They wanted to live better than everyone and to be envied because that's how they were , they were envious of others that had more than them
They were the same way crying, complaining and signing up for every farm program
But lived beyond their means and ran and played instead if working and saving and building something

gimpyrancher":19gnuhwz said:
Chuckie":19gnuhwz said:
I would love for someone to tell me what he is doing for them in office that makes them feel better now.

Perhaps the only good thing he's going is keeping the other side out of the White House. What exactly are the House Republicans doing for America? .Obstructing everything that would help improve the problems this country is facing

Only looking at one side has it's advantages, right? This seems to be working for you!

Whether what they're obstructing will help improve any problems is open to debate. Wide open! Many would argue that they're obstructing an acceleration toward collapse.
They were not elected to rubber stamp his policies. The house R's were elected precisely to combat them.
I would not have expected that you would need a civics course on the structure of the federal gov't.
BTW, There is a significant percentage of voters who like gridlock in DC. It means they can't pass any more STUPID laws!!!!
It's almost always a bad thing for this country when either party holds both chambers of the legislature as well as the white house.
I think our most recent term from '08-'10 demonstrates that to perfection!

Shanghai":3h7m22x1 said:
Reminds me of a couple I used to know
When they had a bad crop they wanted everyone to have a bad crop
When they had a good crop they wanted everybody else to have a bad crop
They wanted to live better than everyone and to be envied because that's how they were , they were envious of others that had more than them
They were the same way crying, complaining and signing up for every farm program
But lived beyond their means and ran and played instead if working and saving and building something

:clap:

Speaking of such, I not real knowledgeable about cotton, matter of fact my only memory of it is climbing up the side of the trailer to jump into it at about 4 or 5.

But it appears to me that their set to have a bumper year down southwest. Grass is starting to turn a little but the cotton looks like it's doing quite well.

gimpyrancher":1cxw3hcf said:
Just want to mention: If you want to see prosperity in action, look at Washington states economy. They have the highest minimum wage in the country. No state income tax. And a hugely booming economy with I believe the lowest unemployment rate. Also the lowest welfare budget I believe.

Well beings as I actually live in Washington state I would like to insert a few facts. Yes, we have the highest minimum wage at over $9.00 a hour. But that did nothing to help all those who a step or two above minimum. In fact with the new minimum in Seattle a kid flipping burgers will be making more a man setting choker in the woods. Compare working outdoors in all types of weather at a hard physical job that has literally the highest rate of deaths to working indoors flipping burgers. That minimum wage is certainly fair.
We have no income tax. True, but we have one of the highest overall tax rates in the country. High property tax, high sales tax, high gas tax, high inheritance tax, etc etc. And almost every election cycle the liberals try to push a income tax on us. So far the people have resisted.
I don't know where you got the idea we have a low unemployment rate. Maybe if you just count Seattle and surrounding King County. There are lots of other counties with unemployment in double figures. Other than Boeing and Micro soft (both in King County) this state depends on agriculture and timber. The environmentalist have really had a negative impact on both of those. There are virtually no help wanted ads in the paper. Heck, our part time receptionist has a masters degree. She is a receptionist because she can't find another job.
As to the low welfare I don't know where you got that idea. With a little research you could find that out. But I know that more often than not when I go to the grocery store the person ahead of me is paying for their food with the state food stamp debit card. A quick drive of less than a mile from my office to the nearest places to get lunch and you will see 5 or 6 people standing on street corners begging for money.
I hate to confuse you with the facts but I do live and work here.
I just looked it up. Washington ranks 25th in unemployment. That would put us in the middle. They didn't have a straight ranking on welfare but our rate of growth was higher than most states and so was our spending.

Chuckie":2gvd0lqk said:
dumpy rancher, I see you lived through that partial birth abortion.

Now, Chuckie don't you find that to be a little cold blooded..........not wrong, but certainly cold blooded. :tiphat: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Dave":1gankti1 said:
gimpyrancher":1gankti1 said:

Well beings as I actually live in Washington state I would like to insert a few facts. Yes, we have the highest minimum wage at over $9.00 a hour. But that did nothing to help all those who a step or two above minimum. In fact with the new minimum in Seattle a kid flipping burgers will be making more a man setting choker in the woods. Compare working outdoors in all types of weather at a hard physical job that has literally the highest rate of deaths to working indoors flipping burgers. That minimum wage is certainly fair.
We have no income tax. True, but we have one of the highest overall tax rates in the country. High property tax, high sales tax, high gas tax, high inheritance tax, etc etc. And almost every election cycle the liberals try to push a income tax on us. So far the people have resisted.
I don't know where you got the idea we have a low unemployment rate. Maybe if you just count Seattle and surrounding King County. There are lots of other counties with unemployment in double figures. Other than Boeing and Micro soft (both in King County) this state depends on agriculture and timber. The environmentalist have really had a negative impact on both of those. There are virtually no help wanted ads in the paper. Heck, our part time receptionist has a masters degree. She is a receptionist because she can't find another job.
As to the low welfare I don't know where you got that idea. With a little research you could find that out. But I know that more often than not when I go to the grocery store the person ahead of me is paying for their food with the state food stamp debit card. A quick drive of less than a mile from my office to the nearest places to get lunch and you will see 5 or 6 people standing on street corners begging for money.
I just looked it up. Washington ranks 25th in unemployment. That would put us in the middle. They didn't have a straight ranking on welfare but our rate of growth was higher than most states and so was our spending.

Good post Dave. I guess there's facts, and then there's FACTS :tiphat:

Dave":3uepvek9 said:
gimpyrancher":3uepvek9 said:

Could be your part time receptionist should sign up and get her food stamp debit card. This is a person the card was designed for. Any one ever watch Robert Shuler. I remember sermon he had about moving to where the work was. He compared it to moose hunting he said to moose hunt you have to go to where the moose are.

Red Bull Breeder said:
Hurley the card is only for people who won't work. If you have a job you won't get a card.[/quot migh
It is based on your income a lot of the job holders have the card. Check out the Walmart workers.

Must have different rules in liberal states. Around here the only one you see with a card won't work and don't have a job. But we are kind of a backward here in the hills and still believe in taking care of ourselves. A little different down in the delta around Jed.

hurleyjd Could be your part time receptionist should sign up and get her food stamp debit card. This is a person the card was designed for. Any one ever watch Robert Shuler. I remember sermon he had about moving to where the work was. He compared it to moose hunting he said to moose hunt you have to go to where the moose are.[/quote said:
Actually I do think she is on food stamps. She did mention something about them one time. I figured it was none of my business so I didn't ask for details. I do know that she lives with 2 other gals to make ends meet and barely squeaks by. I give her eggs, veggies from the garden and hamburger. She is really appreciative when I bring stuff in for her. I know she will move on eventually. She is a hard working bright young lady. She was working on finishing her Masters when she started here but she has been done with school for about 8-9 months.

3waycross":1o20vny6 said:
Chuckie":1o20vny6 said:
dumpy rancher, I see you lived through that partial birth abortion.

Now, Chuckie don't you find that to be a little cold blooded..........not wrong, but certainly cold blooded. :tiphat: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
Just brutally honest. :lol2: :lol2:

Red Bull Breeder":gw29sfsu said:
Must have different rules in liberal states. Around here the only one you see with a card won't work and don't have a job. But we are kind of a backward here in the hills and still believe in taking care of ourselves. A little different down in the delta around Jed.

I do not know about other states but here in Texas it is based on income and the number of children.

Latest posts