Bumping a Topic

Help Support CattleToday:

EllieJ

Reaction score
I know that if somebody comments on a post that it will bump it to the top of that forum, but I know that there is a different way, could somebody please tell me?

EllieJ":1w47nfl0 said:
I know that if somebody comments on a post that it will bump it to the top of that forum, but I know that there is a different way, could somebody please tell me?

find the topic, click on post reply and type bump...only way I know to do it.

It is tell me that I have to have at leat 5 characters, what am I doing wrong? PLEASE HELP!!

EllieJ":2bh4054e said:
It is tell me that I have to have at leat 5 characters, what am I doing wrong? PLEASE HELP!!

BUMP is only 4 letters
Trying to type more than 5 letters :D

cross_7":fhvxzioc said:
EllieJ":fhvxzioc said:

BUMP is only 4 letters
Trying to type more than 5 letters :D

If that doesn't work try Mickey Minnie dumbo Pluto and Donald

this is a joke right???
what is the purpose of bumping an empty topic?
Aw Shucks....now I have done it by protesting against it....
this is a joke right ????
I don't get it....

A few years ago, a friend of mine on a car forum had posted a tech question about his car but was about to go out of town into an area with spotty coverage. He could recieve email but couldn't reply on the forum, but had it set so he got email notification every time a new post appeared in that thread. His handheld would "Beep!" with each new post. We bumped that thread continuously for 3 days and nights till he finally drove somewhere and called someone and had them beg the mods to lock the thread down. :banana: :banana:

greybeard":2fpt3d0j said:
A few years ago, a friend of mine on a car forum had posted a tech question about his car but was about to go out of town into an area with spotty coverage. He could recieve email but couldn't reply on the forum, but had it set so he got email notification every time a new post appeared in that thread. His handheld would "Beep!" with each new post. We bumped that thread continuously for 3 days and nights till he finally drove somewhere and called someone and had them beg the mods to lock the thread down. :banana: :banana:

:lol:

EllieJ":1irtqi5a said:
You have to really want it... get excited about it. "BUMP!"
I'm not sure if smilies count as a character but you might also try "BUMP :deadhorse: "

So I am guessing that there is no way to bump a topic incognito? Right?

Thanks, that is what I want to know, but I do want to make sure that there is not another way.

EllieJ":mv7mtmy3 said:
So I am guessing that there is no way to bump a topic incognito? Right?

Sure there is, but half the readers will figure you out anyway.
Just ask SL or MF135 how it's done. :D

Latest posts