Bumper crop

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
We have had a bumper crop of poision ivy, oak, and all the other bad stuff. I got in to some loading a bull out. It was in the pens and I was already in too deep before I realized it.

I ended up with it down one arm and around my eyes. I'm bad about whipping sweat away from my face with my shirt or hand. Its been 20 years since I have had it bad enough to cause me and discomfort.

I'm paranoid as can be now. I went back to those pens and basically chemical nuked every thing in sight. 😄

Thank goodness it doesn't affect me, but I have noticed a healthy crop here also. Take a cold shower ASAP if someone it affects gets it on them.

I get it bad too. Seems like all I have to do is look at it, got a little bit of a rash on my forearm right now.

Got it all down my neck once while army crawling during a turkey hunt. That was fun.

Once it really starts to itch, a burning hot shower feels incredible. As hot as you can stand it.

Here's an interesting video of how it get the oil off. By the way using hot water opens the pores of the skin and allows the oil to soak in (always use cold water)! Some of the comments after the video are made by linemen or others in it all the time.

That's a good video @D2Cat. It makes sense.

Growing up we bathed with dawn soap. It helped with acne, we were usually covered in oil and grease, and it was waaaaay cheaper. I just stopped using a couple years ago when I went to WTX because it made my skin drying out worse out there. Looks like I need to switch back.

If I look where I have it it's on the inside of my right arm and around my eye sockets with a little going down my right cheek bone and some on left side of my nose. All places that probably didnt get scrubbed adequately.

Latest posts