Bump Stock announcement

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't know how they're going to enforce the part that dictates people throw them away. I get that you can account for folks turning them in, but destroying them will be a different story. If they would give away sports/concert tickets, gift cards, etc, I'm sure they'd have a better response as well.

Bestoutwest":2ki0p7t2 said:
I don't know how they're going to enforce the part that dictates people throw them away. I get that you can account for folks turning them in, but destroying them will be a different story. If they would give away sports/concert tickets, gift cards, etc, I'm sure they'd have a better response as well.
Don't give anything to anyone, just enforce the law whatever it might be. My take is, just make anyone that wants a bump stock must also register and buy a license for it and the weapon it's used on. I have to have a license for a suppressor and another for a fully automatic rifle. It's just another tax and government intrusion into our lives, that won't save any lives. At one time all you had to do was buy a trigger assembly and bolt carrier for a H&K G3, cut the front tab of the trigger assembly and install the pieces on a H&K 91 to have fully auto rifle. But the kicker is you can't get a class 3 license for altered firearms.

They are stupid and useless. I didn't even know what one was until the Vegas shooting. But outlawing them is no good. Trump and the NRA should be ashamed. I understand the bump stock is being used as a sacrifical lamb. But next year they'll be saying ....see we outlawed bumpstocks and no one has been killed by one since. And the Camels nose is in the tent...............

All I'll say is if someone is shooting at me with an AR 15 I would much prefer them to use a bump stock and spray bullets vs a good adjustable stock that fits them well and aiming.

Just another strike against a piece of hardware that still doesn't address why someone chooses to take another's life.

kentuckyguy":3taorh52 said:
All I'll say is if someone is shooting at me with an AR 15 I would much prefer them to use a bump stock and spray bullets vs a good adjustable stock that fits them well and aiming.
I suppose that would depend how well the shooter aimed to begin with.....it only takes one or 2 rounds to do the deed...the first couple of rounds would probably impact very close to, if not into- his initial aim point....after that, who knows. Depends how well he has practiced using a full auto (or close to it) weapon I suppose.
(I've fired a bumpstock rifle but don't own one and had never intended to get one. I wasn't impressed with the one I did fire.)

I would be far more concerned about the unregulated sale and distribution of drones, and their ability to deliver a varying assortment of biological/chemical agents over any large crowd of people assembled outdoors, over a bump stock. :???: The drone, in the wrong, capable hands, has tremendous potential for destruction.