Bulverde Texas question

Help Support CattleToday:

TANGLES123

Reaction score
Okay we have moved to Texas (love it), and we live in the High Hill Country (rocky) what/how do you build for horse fense down here with the rocks? I built a dog chain link and it costs 2000.00. I can't pay that much to fense in 2 acres:))) Hubby can build fense in Illinois but don't know about this rocky stuff! The Hispanic guy that built dog pen jack hammered the post in... Any tips?

we fenced in 500 ac useing chicken wire and heavy gage wire,made it into a circle and filled it with rocks.we laid a stran of wire down and piled rocks on top. every other one had a poast so we could tighten it up. it was alot of work but if done right it looks good and works well. :)

Cindy":1vbtyn0y said:
we fenced in 500 ac useing chicken wire and heavy gage wire,made it into a circle and filled it with rocks.we laid a stran of wire down

Anyone else completely confused with that??

I live in Texas, thank God and have had 2 - 35 acres. Your best bet is getting an auger and drilling for T-posts. I fenced 2 acres with tposts and hot wire for under $100. The Tposts were free though. We just moved to a new farm and fenced a back field with Tposts, heavy duty field fence and hot wire all for about $600 ish. I hired 2 workers to bang posts and string wire and they did 2 acres along with my husband in 1 1/2 days!

I think that they made a frame (the circle) and base (the rocks) to set the posts in.

At first I envisioned the entire 500 acres being filled with rocks too :shock:

Latest posts