Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

Glidie1.jpg

[/img]
GlidiesBeautifulHead.jpg

Awww...isn't he CUTE? Purebred Simmental, out of the most popular AI bull in the breed, Black Joker.

He was Tulsa State Fair Champion bull in 2001, Reserve Champion bull at the Nebraska State Fair in 2001, and won his class in Denver 2002. He was jointly owned by two Simmental breeders in the midwest that collected him and started to promote him, then got into a dispute and ended up selling him at a sale to disolve the partnership.

He's a great bull, and I hate to say this, but he's a SWEETIE as well.

Sorry for bragging.. :oops:

Howdy,

His specs are:
Pure Bred Black Angus
Skyway Hills Power Design Reg: 13851563 D.O.B 10/7/2000 Tattoo: 300

.....V D A R New Trend 315 #11105489
..B/R New Design 036 #11418151
.....B/R Blackcap Empress 76 10970296
Bon View New Design 878 #13062750
.....Bon View Bando 598 #11104267
..Bon View Gammer 85 12346837
.....Bon View Gammer 233 11901123

.....Papa Equator 2928 #11788302
..Skyway Hills Equator 12497539
.....Skyway Hills Katie #11247000
Skyway Hills Equatriss 317 +13058450
.....S&J Big Star 10572636
..Priscilla Star Lady 10825500
.....Priscilla of Skyway Hills 9475523

He had an adjusted REA of 16.8 inches. His offspring has ultrasounded great with one yearling bull calf netting a 17.8 adjusted REA

Here is my current herd sire.
WebIMG_1084.jpg

Jeanne - Simme Valley":2fdbo21z said:
Ryan, your LH is deceiving. I would have thought he weighed more in the pic.

Is that a compliment on my picture taking skills? ;-)

That pic was taken about 2 months after being weighed. I think we weighed about 1750 or so in that picture.

Ryan":1cxxh7de said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":1cxxh7de said:
Ryan, your LH is deceiving. I would have thought he weighed more in the pic.

Is that a compliment on my picture taking skills? ;-)

YUP!!
Actually, the bull looks so deep & thick, he appears heavier. Must be short in stature (and I mean that as a compliment) Not a lot of air under him. I know the LH breed has been working on getting more muscle & some people on this board have shown pics of some really nice muscled bulls. He looks good.

Thank you for the compliments on the bull. We really do strive to get more muscle and thickness on all our animals.

Thank you for the compliments Cope. He's sure turned out to be a good one. His calves have been small birth weights, and quick growers. That's a good combination!

We run registered Brahmans and registered Simmentals, and I have a few 1/2 x 1/2 heifers as well.

Would someone care to explain actually how to post a pic on this site. The instructions appear to start with step C assuming you know steps A and B. Also, where are there free sites that you can upload pix to post on here? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Schnurrbart":137xl5zq said:
Would someone care to explain actually how to post a pic on this site. The instructions appear to start with step C assuming you know steps A and B. Also, where are there free sites that you can upload pix to post on here? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

http://photobucket.com/ is a good place for image host. They also provide the codes under that picture when its uploaded. thre is URL, TAG, & IMG. you use the IMG code on here. just copy and paste :) i hope this helps a lil bit.

You can go to photobucket and sign up for free. After you dowload your pics, highlight the last html or whatever there called , the one that is used for images on message boards. it will start with Img. Highlight it then copy it and bring it to Cattle today and paste it onto your post. Then highlight it again and click the Img button above.

plbcattle":31cmthy2 said:
Lombardi of brinks pic at 18 mo. old

isn't that the bull you bought at Camp Cooley? do you have a more recent pic?

Great looking bull shnurrbart, I like the looks of tarentaise, there are two or three place around me that use Tarentaise bulls. What kind of cows do you put him on?

txag, yes that is the bull from camp cooley. I just got him back from the bull stud I will try to get a recent pic.

I would like to thank each person who has posted their bulls...... I have thoroughly enjoyed looking at them....

THanks again.

CopeMan":wapcj8lu said:
Great looking bull shnurrbart, I like the looks of tarentaise, there are two or three place around me that use Tarentaise bulls. What kind of cows do you put him on?

The cows in the picture are Tarentaise X ChiAngus. I have four or five of them and the rest are Tarentaise. Not many people know much if anything about Tarentaise. It makes it bad for us trying to sell them but they are pretty great cattle. IMHO!

KANSAS":36dsro46 said:
I would like to thank each person who has posted their bulls...... I have thoroughly enjoyed looking at them....

THanks again.
Ditto.

I agree to, I also really enjoy looking at all the bulls on here that people have posted so far . Bulls are my favorite to look at anyway. Whenever I drive by a pasture field, I always look for the bull, though sometimes it does get a little boring always seeing just plain old black bulls around here. Not really what youd say a good looking angus or reg. animal, just plain old low quality black bulls. It seems a lot of farmers around here dont really care how good there bull is or how good he looks , all that matters is that he breeds his cows. Most have no masculinity to them at all.