Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

Muratic":3pirp1cm said:
I'm headed out to take a picture of my herd bull. I'll finish the roll of with pics of him and head to town to get them deveolped. Should have him posted by morn. But, keep in mind, he runs with a commercial herd. And he is nothing special. Just a composite of several breeds but he works well for what I am after...a terminal cross.
Muratic

Well I hurried home to show you all my herd bull. Probably use him one more year then swap out for some new genetics. He's done good for me, calves all look just like him! IMO, he has just enough ear, but not all that extra sheath. He has some of that great red angus maternal in him, but yet the black jewels so not to get sunburnt and lose fertility. He has just enough black whatever in him (man oh man that CAB stamp on them steaks sure is neat aint it!).Goggle eyes so not to get cancer eye, and horns...not sure where they came from. I think there must be some longhorn in that wood pile! :roll:

Well, I can't wait to hear ya'lls opinion!!

MuraticsBull.jpg
[/img]

That's a great looking bull, Muratic. I'm guessing you use him for a terminal cross?!?! I would have those horns checked out though. :lol: :lol:

tops em all for originality... :lol: how long did it take you to make that picture?

jt

Muratic":1td8qfvt said:
Well, I can't wait to hear ya'lls opinion!!
Very impressive bull Muratic. If you have some of his daughters to sell, I would sure be interested in them. We have several head of cows on the New Mexico ranch that probaly have the the same genetics. Also would like to buy him to use on a select group of hfrs to get more of this type. They are really easy doing cattle.
I would also be interested in any 1/2 sisters bred to him for an inbreeding program that we are experimenting on.
PM me if you are interested in working out a deal.

jt":1fz0ozgj said:
tops em all for originality... :lol: how long did it take you to make that picture?

jt
Oh now, common, does that pic look computer generated to you???

I have NEVER claimed to be a professional anything, let alone a photographer.
Lost Hope Ranch":1fz0ozgj said:
I would also be interested in any 1/2 sisters bred to him for an inbreeding program that we are experimenting on.
PM me if you are interested in working out a deal.

Check your pm inbox Lost Hope Ranch.

lost hope ranch picked a good word for that bull - impressive. muratic you may be on to something with this concept. he has something for everybody. appears to be a little short in the legs to my liking but thats just personal taste. for sure theres lots of hybrid something-or-other going on with him. about the nose ring, does that mean he is super gentle, hard to handle, or part of the bovine subculture. just curious.

brokenmouth":2hk3gcqy said:
lost hope ranch picked a good word for that bull - impressive. muratic you may be on to something with this concept. he has something for everybody. appears to be a little short in the legs to my liking but thats just personal taste. for sure theres lots of hybrid something-or-other going on with him. about the nose ring, does that mean he is super gentle, hard to handle, or part of the bovine subculture. just curious.

Looks short legged cause of all that snow we have in the Northeastern U.S.

Nose ring is for protection only. Don't want to end up on the friendly bull thread. :shock:

As far as the hybred something or other. You hit the nail on the head.

Off to check for some of them purdy babies!!!

0244765-R1-037-17.jpg

This is my three year old who is throwing great bodied calves with lots of color and early horn growth. He is Whelming King grandson-he's double bred King.

_0035.jpg

The small picture is a five year old black and white son of Tabasco. He has produced some really outstanding females with excellent horn growth.

The first one Heineken is probably 1200-1400 lbs right now. Earl the Tabasco son is about 1800 lbs, his shoulders are at the top of my head and I'm 5'9".

f8d4fc10.jpg

This one is also a Whelming King grandson and will be three in September, too bad he broke off about 5" of horn on one side. He's 60"+ even without the extra horn.

_0032Levi.jpg

This Levi 6 son looks white in the picture but is actually dun and white roan-he is throwing spots and roans, his mother is a red roan with 62" of sweeping horns.

SD BIG BAD BOB (d.o.b. 7-22-01) - he weighed 1670lbs on June 2, 2003
His sire is the World Grand Champion bull NP REDEEMERS REDEMPTION (picture on previous page)
He is a World Class Champion, and he is throwing some fantastic calves with excellent muscle and growth.

SDBIGBADBOB.jpg

Ryan --- that Big Bad Bob sure is a fine looking LH. I like those "meatier" bulls; reminds me of a lot of the Dickinson's hind quarters. What were his horn measurements in that photo and what are they today? And what is his current weight?

In that photo his horns were about 40"... I would guess his horns are now about 45" tip to tip, he really passes on a lot more horn than he exhibits. He probably hovers around 1900lbs, with a max weight approx. 2000lbs, depending on the time of year.

Ryan, your LH is deceiving. I would have thought he weighed more in the pic. Good muscled LH.

Daybreak, nice bull & yearling. He seems to be passing on the good genetics. Your bull would be considered "soggy".

When people (around here) refer to a soggy animal (that's a compliment), means he/she has a lot of middle (guts, rib) - tons of volume.