Bulls tail broke

Help Support CattleToday:

peb

Reaction score
Hey has anybody ever seen or had this happend before... Went out to check on herd last evening and notice bull had blood all over his back legs and his tail was bright red ... there was blood flowing from his tail... called vet he told me to get him in a pen and put a rope around his tail and to keep it lifted above his tail head.. Yea right ... a 2200 lb mad bull is nothing to fool with.. vet got there about 3 hrs later bull had quit bleeding and the vet said he had broken his tail My poor bull looked like he was the star in (Texas Chainsaw Massacre).. Bull is doing fine today ..

Actually, I would guess thhat he ripped his switch off rather than breaking his tail.

Bez is right...he'll be fine.

Sounds like he got his switch broke off.. probably stepped on.

I was cutting the hair on a Brahman bull's tail years back and accidentally got "meat". :oops: Bled like crazy.. I felt awful! He did actually forgive me eventually! ;-)

Cow / bull breaks a tail or rips it off - they tend to get over it.

Bez!

A friend of ours had his bull's tail-end/switch bitten off by a dog a number of years ago. The bull got over it, it healed. He never had tail-switch after that, but didn't appear to suffer any ill effects.

Katherine

teletigger":2y5dl3jt said:
One of our Brahman got a fly-strike in his switch. Took us two days of powder and squeezing (bloody gunk everywhere) The bull (one of our more lively ones) stood there like a baby. The bloodloss to my (inexperienced eyes) was enormous. ( a small hole in a high-pressure hose for about 2 hours) :shock: I look forward to learning more......I think. :oops:
regards
What is a fly-strike?

Latest posts