Bulls of the Bluegrass Sale in Mt. Sterling, KY

Help Support CattleToday:

FlyingLSimmentals

Reaction score
High selling bull brought $18,000 and the Lowest bull lot that came through ended with a bid of $1000. Bulls sold good then cheap if they actually sold not much in between. I actually bought a bull with what I call a complementary bid. Because I really liked him and thought he should bring more. He's a 19 month old WAGR Driver 706T son. I think he's a really good looking bull I'll get a pic up the next day with sun light and free time. He's a 3/4 Simmental.

For a new bull at a new place seeing new people he's been behaving terrific. He has not been aggressive to any of us nor nervous or standoffish. Just a perfect gentleman liked he belonged here all the time. Didn't know much about the WAGR Driver sire, that he was a full brother to Dream Catcher and American Dream. The new bull and my bull Vegas has something in common, one is a Dream Catcher grandson and the other is a nephew to Dream Catcher. Guess I like the Dream Catcher descendants look.

FlyingLSimmentals":ub4g6qhs said:
For a new bull at a new place seeing new people he's been behaving terrific. He has not been aggressive to any of us nor nervous or standoffish. Just a perfect gentleman liked he belonged here all the time. Didn't know much about the WAGR Driver sire, that he was a full brother to Dream Catcher and American Dream. The new bull and my bull Vegas has something in common, one is a Dream Catcher grandson and the other is a nephew to Dream Catcher. Guess I like the Dream Catcher descendants look.

Sounds like it's time to go semen shopping and try to make some of your own!

GL to you.

I figure one day I'll take the full dive at it and get certified myself and do a lot of AI. Between then and now I'll probably decrease the herd size from a larger commercial/registered group to a smaller registered group, hopefully get more acres paid for and put in pasture for larger bull and heifer areas, better facilities for trimming, weighing, AI work and such. In the mean time I'm happy in selecting good bulls and letting them carry the job for the most part. I've gotten an AI tech in the past and bred the heifers and a few cows. Some we were happy with others I wished our bulls had bred. Not real fond of a lot of the Hot Simmental bulls at the moment but that's just me. Had a couple of bulls I wished we had drawn semen on. But again later down the road I'm aiming for more of that hopefully. Thanks and Good Luck to You As Well!

He looks real nice Mike. What do you think of his sires milk epd? Being a 3/4 blood you can register them purebreds when he's bred to purebred cows right? Hows Vegas looking?

Thanks Joe. I don't like it. Think it is a 14.1, where the son I bought is a 18.2. Like to be 20. Driver numbers are a lot worse than his full brothers Dream Catcher and American Dream. The numbers on them two aren't much different. Correct, I really like my 3/4 blood bulls. Vegas is doing alright. I'll say he was put with the cows to soon and a bit rough looking at the moment getting through the winter on worse than normal hay. But he's taking care of the cows and getting the job done and the grass is growing. I am a little bit impatient waiting to see one of his calves, but at the same time I love my PH bull's blaze calves.
Long Range Wise this Driver bull will probably be the main man. Really like this bull. Just would like a little bit better Epd line and Vegas is offering that so they both might share duties in the coming years.

Latest posts