Bulls from over the fence

Help Support CattleToday:

Ricker

Reaction score
My brother went out to check on our 13 cows and one bull the other day. Calls me on the phone and says. "some of our cows have nuts" Seems four or five bulls from the neighboring land had broken down a board fence and begun to hang out with our cows.

We think one of our cows is not bred and has been coming into heat too.

I called the neighbor and he said he had just bought those 2 yr old bulls 30 days ago in Alabama and had put them in that fence next to mine to keep them from his other bulls till they settled down. He came right over and fixed the situation.

Here are some pics of his bulls in with my cows.

Yeah, we came over here. You got a problem with that mister?
bullsneghbors006mr0.jpg

"She invited us over"
bullsneghbors020jb6.jpg

Make yourselves at home boys:
bullsneghbors004oh1.jpg

She (Black baldie cow) is the one that invited them over
bullsneghbors019he4.jpg

They are some good looking bulls don't ya'll think? Probably 12 to 15K all total worth I guess.
bullsneghbors007sm4.jpg

http
://img315.imageshack.us/img315/5586/bullsneghbors012oy4.jpg
bullsneghbors018jr4.jpg

bullsneghbors015xd5.jpg

The entry point, that old wood wasn't gonna keep out those young horny boyz:
gatebz4.jpg

Ricker I think you are in for it. You're going to be feeding bulls your grass over and over. Better nip this one in the bud. Run some electric on a top wire etc.

backhoeboogie":1if6kmyj said:
Ricker I think you are in for it. You're going to be feeding bulls your grass over and over. Better nip this one in the bud. Run some electric on a top wire etc.

Two of my buddies said the same thing. "Those bulls are gonna be back." They assured me.

Maybe the man is going to move them soon. He has a lot of land all around there. I do hope his bulls did breed with one or two of my open cows though. But your right I can't afford to feed his bulls and my cows.

Why buy them when he just let you use them for free. If he doesnt move them you will be getting a lot of "Free" use out of them. :lol:

My dad had a friend that had about 25 cows and didn't own a bull. Every year his cows had calves by the neighbors bull. I never recall him complaining about that bull breeding his cows.

the thing about neighbors bulls is low birth weight calves. my neighbors dink and im being polite. hopped over and bred one of my heifers since i dont keep first calves i let it slide wish id rethought that one. had too all but cut the calf out of her. did he tell you what he give for thoses bulls cause that amount dont match the quality i see in those bulls their not bad but 12 to 15 thousand sound a little strong

I was thinking they are more like 7-8K worth of bulls there, and with the market lately for bulls, he may have got them for less than that.

2 problems:

1.why didnt your bull cover the cow that isnt bred?

2. what if they decide to team up and whup up on your bull?

You need to get them back home and fix your fence so they dont come back for another visit, because they might not be so friendly next time.