Bulls for Sale -- CLEMSON BULL TEST

Help Support CattleToday:

I still say they are about average and hopefully the poster will tell us what they bring at the auction. If they bring less than $2500 then I will be willing to agree that I was wrong. And I will choose to not respond to the bulls in my area must be inferior remark. But would invite anyone if they are in N. Alabama to come and take a look at my cattle whenever they want and judge for themselves, inferior bulls and all I am very proud of them. And they are all always for sale.

Wow - tough crowd.
I agree the black bull is lacking muscling, and is short strided. He would not have been kept a bull.
Both bulls have decent numbers - although I am surprised the test does not list CE - much more important the BW.
The red bull does have decent muscling & volume - but I don't like his hind legs. I'm a very visual kinda gal - see what I like or don't like - but unlike Knersie, can't always explain WHAT I see. I don't like his set to his hocks & his pasterns aren't right. Little help here Knersie!

I am not a fan of the way the red bull moves off those hind wheels. Something about them I don't like.

ga.prime":1ueete6z said:
ALACOWMAN":1ueete6z said:
ga.prime":1ueete6z said:
I think a lot of folks, and I'm one of them, look mostly at growth. Both those bulls had a pretty good weaning weight which I think is the best clue as to what his calves will do.
Do you believe they got there on moma and grass alone??
Don't know but that's one of the things I'd find out before even getting interested in bidding on them. Doesn't seem to bother a lot of buyers though, the creep feds sell just as good as the non-creep feds. I don't buy creep feds myself.
actually their WW should be about right without creep for what they are,, i raised some simm cross's and no trouble getting in the 7+ weights....but if they were on creep.. it even tells more about em

I think they are sort of middle of the road commercial bulls. Probably a little on the down side of middle. Put out with middle of the road commercial cows they will give you middle of the road calves that will bring average prices. But they certainly wont produce bell ringers and I wouldn't be wanting to keep replacements by them.

If you want to no more about how they were raised use the search for edrsims and the op of this thread.Keep in mind there is more than one way to creep a calf.

How do you think the bulls did? I bet they didn't do well, or he would have have posted the results.
CSM

Latest posts