bull's eye

Help Support CattleToday:

torogmc81

Reaction score
My bull doesn't seem to be bothered by this. At first I thought he had been rubbing in the dirt but now I realize that it's not. Is this ringworm?

Any info is much appreciated

Thanks!
Justin

1ca796d5-dbd9-48d6-8983-f0b1c0e298fa_zps977ecf64.jpg

Yep it's ringworm. You can treat if with an anti fungal found in the horse section, or some dilute Betadine. You can also just leave it alone. But I show cattle, so mine can't have it. I bath them in anti fungal shampoo.

branguscowgirl":27u03udr said:
Yep it's ringworm. You can treat if with an anti fungal found in the horse section, or some dilute Betadine. You can also just leave it alone. But I show cattle, so mine can't have it. I bath them in anti fungal shampoo.
As of right now we only show heifers, he's here to build and produce the herd.

He's a Substance son (with KCF Bennett Total and TC Dividend on Dam side), so I'm anxious to see his calves starting next Feb. So far from what I've seen he's a heck of a breeder as well. Taking care of the ladies in the pasture as he should and more. Anyone out there have any Substance calves?

kenny thomas":20nqd5qx said:
torogmc81":20nqd5qx said:
We aren't showing him but are still definitely going to treat
What I meant that to say was to treat him to keep it from spreading to the other show cattle. It will spread easily.
My bad, thanks for clearing that up. I'm in five places at once, listening to draft online, CT, paperwork, weather radar, and a very late dinner, LOL

I get one of those spray washers in the horse section and a good anti fungal/antibacterial shampoo. I keep my show cattle washed in this, along with applying the treatment solution. As with what Kenny said, you can spread it with brushes, halters, ect.. Humans can get it. However, I have treated lots if ring worm and never have gotten it. I guess because I am always treating it with my hands, killing it on me as I do!

Latest posts