Bulls at home

Help Support CattleToday:

Heya , just thought id post an updated pic of the Piedmontese bull, still cant get him to stand totally side on sorry, hes running with 53 cows

238.JPG

I like both bulls. Those are two entirely different kinds of bulls. I personally would keep all the Angus heifers as replacements and (after the first calf) cross them to the Piedmontese to produce an entirely terminal crop with the eye popping yield that they seem to prefer in European markets. You can probably breed that Piedmontese to just about anything and get a 1 YG on the U.S. scale. His ribeye is huge even without the double muscling gene. The hard part will be finding another Angus as good as their father too breed the heifers to when you get ready to grow the next generation of replacement. You do really have to wonder how long those rear wheels on the Pied are going to hold up running with cows on those hills though.

Calves are falling out, really pleased with them, started calving to Piedmontese at end of december, had 41 calves so far, not pulled a single one :)

I am glad to hear your report that you have been successful with your Piedmontese bull and that you are happy with him and his calves. Too often folks overlook this breed without getting true information from breeders that use them. He is a good looking bull and sounds like he is earning his keep.

Love the Angus.

Does anyone else think the last pic of the Pied. looks like that singer from Kiss. That's just weird.

CKC1586":rzoptun2 said:
I am glad to hear your report that you have been successful with your Piedmontese bull and that you are happy with him and his calves. Too often folks overlook this breed without getting true information from breeders that use them. He is a good looking bull and sounds like he is earning his keep.
So funny, as I was reading this post I kept thinking... where's CKC on this? Glad you see you found the discussion...and I agree...(though not from experience) that Pieds make awesome terminal crosses.

Latest posts