BullBarn and ST

Help Support CattleToday:

St yes, I buy 99% of our semen from trucks that stop I hate paying shipping. Had calves from Stonecutter sexed female last year. Bunch of dairy semen from st also

Can you order single quantities of sites or are there minimum requirements?

Franke, you'll be well taken care of with BullBarn. It's owned by Eldon Starr who is also Cedar Top Ranch. I've ordered through BullBarn and sometimes Eldon answers the phone himself. He's knowledgeable in the bulls he sells and will answer any of your questions. http://bullbarn.com/diversity.asp

Looks like S T has several reps in MN, I'd contact them save the shipping.
I'd think you would have to order at least 5 straws, and in multiple of 5s

ST seems to keep getting more bulls and then getting the sexed semen on them for a decent price. And BullBarn has a bunch of bulls.

I`ve used Bull Barn before they`ve been great to deal with. If they don`t have it they can get it pretty easily from Cattle Visions I think they get a shipper from them pretty regularly so it doesn`t add to the cost.

I've ordered semen from both Bull Barn Genetics and ST Genetics within the past year and was very pleased with their service. Would recommend both of them based on my experiences. ST Genetics has a great variety of sexed semen if you're interested in that and can provide great advice on how to be successful when breeding with sexed semen. Bull Barn offers a ton of different Angus bulls to choose from that are available through different semen companies and you likely can save some money on shipping by ordering through them rather than ordering through multiple other suppliers. I believe that both have a 5-straw minimum on each bull.

Thanks for the replies. Still like using cattle visions for the single quantity on certain bulls. I see ST is going to 1/4 cc straws for all new bulls and sexed semen.

We have used SAV Raindance sexed semen since it was first available. I'm not promoting ST Genetics, but I can tell you, it's high-quality semen. We settled more than we thought we would with sexed semen.

Latest posts