Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl_telly_369

Reaction score
This is SCRP Real Tree. He's a December 2008 bull. Any comments are welcome.

P9100066.JPG

aussie_cowgirl":3gv12hdr said:
He's pretty small, what does he weigh? Also he looks very posty.

It is hard to say if he is small. He looks about average for an 10-11 month old. He could have a little more muscle. I do not really see that he is posty. He looks like he will be tall though.

What does he weigh Telly ?

hillsdown":18n74m55 said:
aussie_cowgirl":18n74m55 said:

It is hard to say if he is small. He looks about average for an 10-11 month old. He could have a little more muscle. I do not really see that he is posty. He looks like he will be tall though.

Wow I dunno what I was on when I posted that this morning. What I meant to say was sickle hocked :dunce: I'd expect more growth for a 10-11mth which is also what I meant to say XD

I'm much more awake now.

I assume your plan is to show him?

With the showring in mind he could have done with a little more neck extension, he certainly doesn't lack set to his hocks and he appears to be open shouldered in this photo. How bad the latter two faults are can only be determined with more and better photos.

I don't think he is small at all, he is quite a framey calf, the rest of his body will catch up when on feed.

Decent looking bull Telly, I think he has good size for his age. Nice looking head, could use a little more muscle in the hip, but hard to say at this age, the fact that he is butt high tells me he is going through a growth spurt and hard to say what he'll look like down the road. But he looks like he has potential.

I think if the pic was taken in the sun light rather than the shade it would be easier to see him. But as you know when you post a pic you should wear a bullet proof vest, folks seem to focus on the negative traits no matter how nice the animal looks. :roll:

I sure like the Pinz, thanks for posting..... as you know rifle deer hunting opened this morning, keep those nice looking cattle safe from the drunk idiots carrying guns in their trucks...... waiting for that fine looking 4 point (8 point east coast) to jump out in front of the truck and wait to be shot.

Alan

Alan":1r7gnurq said:
Decent looking bull Telly, I think he has good size for his age. Nice looking head, could use a little more muscle in the hip, but hard to say at this age, the fact that he is butt high tells me he is going through a growth spurt and hard to say what he'll look like down the road. But he looks like he has potential.

I think if the pic was taken in the sun light rather than the shade it would be easier to see him. But as you know when you post a pic you should wear a bullet proof vest, folks seem to focus on the negative traits no matter how nice the animal looks. :roll:

I sure like the Pinz, thanks for posting..... as you know rifle deer hunting opened this morning, keep those nice looking cattle safe from the drunk idiots carrying guns in their trucks...... waiting for that fine looking 4 point (8 point east coast) to jump out in front of the truck and wait to be shot.

Alan

I don't have too many to worry about out where the cows are. My sister left this morning to Medford for her tag.

KNERSIE":29jy07tj said:
I assume your plan is to show him?

With the showring in mind he could have done with a little more neck extension, he certainly doesn't lack set to his hocks and he appears to be open shouldered in this photo. How bad the latter two faults are can only be determined with more and better photos.

I don't think he is small at all, he is quite a framey calf, the rest of his body will catch up when on feed.

We showed him a few weeks ago. He took Reserve Champion Bull Calf out of 5. I'll have to get the pictures from the show when my sister gets back from hunting since she took that camera with her. I may be able to get some pictures of him while she's gone on a different camera. Maybe today if I get homework done before dark.

hillsdown":n9ecnpru said:
aussie_cowgirl":n9ecnpru said:

I haven't weighed him, but I can try within the next few days.

Australian, they are quite popular around here as well. I have always like them too.

Telly ,congrats with him at the show. :)

Australian":1zlzy2hl said:
Telly what got you into Pinzgauers? There are not too many about in Australia. The ones I've seen are very nice animals. I'd like to see them crossed with a Brahman. Bet they would be nice vealers. ( straight off the cow about 7/9 months of age)
hillsdown":1zlzy2hl said:
Australian, they are quite popular around here as well. I have always like them too.

Telly ,congrats with him at the show. :)

Australian, I like their coloration. Bought a couple, started showing them in 4-H, then decided to do Open Class too. Then my herd just grew. :)

Hillsdown, thenk you.

Latest posts