Bull?

Help Support CattleToday:

skcatlman":2e3xv9t4 said:
I would try anything else before going to a clubby sire too much genetic problems PHA and TH if you are thinking of keeping a hfr calf. Old Freedom kinda dominates the Gv Show bloodlines in the US. I would suggest trying some other Gv bloodlines a bull in canada SLC masterplan i have seen rip calves even got one myself that will be on the road this fall. I will try to get a good photo to post. As far as frame 6.5 being too big there has to be some performance for feedlot cattle. That is where this all ends guys keep your eyes on the reality. I also have some good red reality sim cross commercial calves he might work well too.

There was never an argument about what frame score he should breed the cow to, I merely commented that the bull looks taller than a frame 6.6 judging by the people in the photo. In reality a frame 6.5 isn't neccesarily too big, but on the other side of the coin a frame 6.5 doesn't neccesarily guarantee performance either. Feed convertian rate also isn't neccesarily correlated to frame size if you avoid the obvious extremes.

As for Freedom he is getting kinda old born in 1996. I have heard frame scores from 6 to 7.5. You get a range it depends on what kinda cows he is bred to as to what his calves are like.I would say it is the picture as i know the canadian breeders in the picture with the bull. the lady behind the bull is scott's wife lisa and scott is kinda cut out of the pic he is a the butt end of the bull and has been kinda cropped out of the bull barn photo but i would guess scott depending on boots at 5 foot 6. and look at where his hat is compared to the bull i would say frame 6.5 is about right for freedom.

skcatlman":2uwpgsc9 said:
I would try anything else before going to a clubby sire too much genetic problems PHA and TH if you are thinking of keeping a hfr calf.

I think there are many nice bulls that are PHA and TH Free. Shouldn't be a problem- know what your buying though.

First of all we haven't even seen pic's of this heifer and Ryan was talking like he was just playing around with the subject. I myself listed the bull's I liked. I myself would start off first by checking BW's Vs Color. Color doesn't matter if the calf is good and WILL win the show. And I think it's up to the person who ownes the animal to say what they bred to. So if you don't like a bull I listed well thats you ,not me. ;-)

CPL":1l92bh27 said:
skcatlman":1l92bh27 said:
I would try anything else before going to a clubby sire too much genetic problems PHA and TH if you are thinking of keeping a hfr calf.

I think there are many nice bulls that are PHA and TH Free. Shouldn't be a problem- know what your buying though.
There are plenty of PHA TH free clubbies.
All 3 of the ones I posted are.

CG of the clubbie bulls avalible up here with semen imports from the US - 5 bulls are double clean out of 83 listed. People can keep breeding these mutants as for myself not interested. The question was origninally aabout breeding a certain type of cow. Personally i want the hybrid vigor advantage not buying semen on a 5 way cross bull. The steer thing isn't as big up in canada as in the US kinda like hollywood.

Latest posts