BULL Wanted

Help Support CattleToday:

SouthrnBlacks

Reaction score
Hello folks, I'm looking for two good hereford bulls preferably horned, within driving range of eastern oklahoma, If you know of any breeders in my area please let me know, Thanks

SouthernBlacks, There are several in the NE Texas/SW Arkansas area. I'll get a list together and send you a list by email or PM.

SouthrnBlacks":14g047kv said:
Hello folks, I'm looking for two good hereford bulls preferably horned, within driving range of eastern oklahoma, If you know of any breeders in my area please let me know, Thanks
why would someone prefer horns? is i just a warm, fuzzy? i cant see any reason to prefer them other than personal preference.

For what it's worth, a customer of mine recently went to/through Greenwillow for 6 Hereford bulls, and was Extremely pleased with his purchases. Thank you again for your help, Greenwillow. Ryan

Aero":38kqtyxp said:
why would someone prefer horns? is i just a warm, fuzzy? i cant see any reason to prefer them other than personal preference.

There are still cattlemen in these parts that believe that horned herefords are better than polled. As in bigger, hardier, more growth. I researched it a couple of years ago when looking for a hereford bull, and there is really no evidence that I could find to support that "old wives tale".

cypressfarms":214h3rp9 said:
Aero":214h3rp9 said:

There are still cattlemen in these parts that believe that horned herefords are better than polled. As in bigger, hardier, more growth. I researched it a couple of years ago when looking for a hereford bull, and there is really no evidence that I could find to support that "old wives tale".

The gentleman that myself and Greenwillow helped, thought the same way. At first he wanted to get horned, because he was under the impression they were better. He thought that way, because that is what his dad and grandad always told him. He ended up with polled bulls that he says are better than the horned bulls he had been looking at.

Ryan

Yea I definetely got alot more of an idea where to look, I'm so busy right now with work and moving into a new house i'm not sure when I will have a day off to make a drive and look in person, Oakcreekfarms sent a pic of a polled bull that I would like to go see in person but Kansas is a pretty long drive for me , probably 8 hours or so.

Latest posts