Bull Walk

Help Support CattleToday:

he doesnt look tobe walking/running stiff from the angle im looking at.he looks to move out pretty good.

He's stepping a little short with the hindfeet. He's not the best or most comfortable walker, but in this clip I can't really see any structural faults that stand out. I'd like to see a good profile shot before trying to give a cause for the way he steps short.

Depending on what your plans are with him it might or might not come into play when the time comes to make a decision.

KNERSIE":1t7kpgb3 said:
He's stepping a little short with the hindfeet. He's not the best or most comfortable walker, but in this clip I can't really see any structural faults that stand out. I'd like to see a good profile shot before trying to give a cause for the way he steps short.

Depending on what your plans are with him it might or might not come into play when the time comes to make a decision.

I was wondering what the footing was, if it was muddy or frozen ground. Or if maybe he was attrempting to show the calves in front what a BIG man he is. Footing and body language can sure make them appear screwy when the walk.

Thanks

I have to admit that I'm almost looking for a reason to steer him. He is a registrable RA out of Cheyene born 12/07. Originally, my plan was to use him as a clean up bull in March on my Jan and Feb AI groups, again in August on the Summer AI group and then sell him. Although he only weighed 650 at 7 mos, he shot up to 1040 by 11 mo after 3 months on feed. So his calves might work well in my feeder program. On the other hand he developed a slight respatory rattle, snotty nose, and temperature right at the end of his feed test. He responded quickly to another 5 way shot (his 1st round of shots was right before weaning in June). Although he still has a slight rattle. So I'm starting to worry that he may relapse during breeding in March and get terminal before I catch it. I wouldn't sell him as a bull at this point without full disclosure (buy at your own risk) which would impact his price. However, I have had good experience with steering yearlings and also have some beef customers that have said the sooner I can get them more beef the better. Comments appreciated.

Here's a couple more pics
DSCF0647.JPG

DSCF0645.JPG

Latest posts