Bull vs. equipment

Help Support CattleToday:

klasqh

Reaction score
We have a young bull who thinks its great fun to push over feed bunks, gates, panels, - anything to amuse him. He does have a ring in his nose - any suggestions on how to get him to stop tearing down the farm??? He's running with 10 cows - guess he must have them all bred and has nothing better to do???

I agree. I would sell him. I wouldn't have time to repair what he tears up.

One of our bulls a few years ago was the same way.. well, not quite that bad. He loved to roll the hay rings, and he managed to find an old "L" fuel tank that my husband had taken out of a truck, he LOVED to roll that thing around about 1 a.m.

He was a really good bull, so we just made sure nothing that he could tear up was in the pasture with him (the first time we realized he was a "pusher" was when we found an $$ irrigation pump half way across the pasture.. with the spool of hose completely unrolled and kinked up everywhere, and the gauges all broken off). Try a hot wire around the perimeter.. especially across the gates or panels. That should slow him down.

Give him something to play with, Bulls have to use up excess energy if they are bored and don't have cows to breed

Some of our bulls find the Dozers fun to rub on and they are large enough that they can't move them, we also have a few felled trees that lightning killed and they rub on those, they are way too big even for the dozer to do much with, but the cattle love to scratch and polish them, gives them something to do

Bulls don't set out to break stuff, they are just big and it hapens, they are cows, very small brains, not too intelligent, and they certainly don't think up malicious things to do to make you mad

very small brains, not too intelligent, and they certainly don't think up malicious things to do to make you mad

Sound Like men Michelle? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a used street sweeper brush over a post in the bull pen. I also ran a rope crossways in the corner with a 'horse ball' tied, dropped head level. He rubs and scratches the brush and loves bopping the ball on his head!

Latest posts