Bull Video

Help Support CattleToday:

Yes i found it to be impressive too!! I was wondering how well he would move out on the range, but he looks to be getting around good. With me all roads leads to brahman cattle, I wonder what those calves would look like. Just a thought.

Guess I'll throw the turd in the punch bowl. Is the bull impressive yes he is, but you better be collecting him, cause that boy has a lot of lazy in him. I've had many a gentle bull on my place, but never could I and another guy stood around between him and his ladies when they were in heat. Put that bull out in a normal pasture setting and he would go find a pond or a tree to get under.

Yes it is SAV Pioneer. The pic at the first of the video I believe is the one they use to market his semen. You are right , he has been eating well.

Circle H Ranch

We have a heifer out of him, just AI'd her to a Beef Maker, a simm calving ease bull. She is on the small side, which surprised us since her dam is a TC Freedom cow that was huge (at least a 6.5 frame) and was shipped because she was just too hard to keep weight on being so big. I am happy the heifer is small, but I am just amazed at the difference between her frame size and her dam's frame size. We bought the pair when the calf was just days old, from a dispersal sale out of OK during the drought in the fall of 2011. First registered Angus we have owned, and I am not impressed. She was a year old the end of August, and we had to get her vet checked and set her up with a CIDR just to get her to cycle at the end of November since she had not had a heat yet (our simm heifers typically have a first heat by 8 or 9 months of age). She did cycle, and has not returned to cycle and has passed over two cycles so I am assuming she got pregnant. We will take her in with a big group at about 70 days to get them all preg checked.
Like I said, not impressed. She is a typical Angus, all gut and no butt! Hoping the simmental will fix that ;-)

ALACOWMAN":19f6560t said:
introducing my partner in the ministry of defence..... Fat Ba$tard

LOL, at a previous job that movie was in the break room and I must have watched it 100 times while taking a break or lunch.

After looking at the video again and reading the comments on here I do see the laziness in him. I also wondered how much of his weight is natural meaning how much of his life was spent at the feed bucket to get to that size, but over all I still like his look and lenght.

texast":3jjnyv13 said:
After looking at the video again and reading the comments on here I do see the laziness in him. I also wondered how much of his weight is natural meaning how much of his life was spent at the feed bucket to get to that size, but over all I still like his look and lenght.

There are not many bulls that stay small living at a bull stud. The major studs aren't going to skimp on any bull's feed while he is there and I don't imagine Pioneer has seen much time outside of that box stall and runway since he was a young bull. I don't care what bull it is if you leave them at the stud for expanded periods of time they aren't going to be a bundle of energy.

Jake":4ew9n9cp said:
texast":4ew9n9cp said:

There are not many bulls that stay small living at a bull stud. The major studs aren't going to skimp on any bull's feed while he is there and I don't imagine Pioneer has seen much time outside of that box stall and runway since he was a young bull. I don't care what bull it is if you leave them at the stud for expanded periods of time they aren't going to be a bundle of energy.
exactly.... if he can produce outstanding calve that perform.... the stud services can change his living habits.. but not his genetics

ALACOWMAN":3n0x43z0 said:
exactly.... if he can produce outstanding calve that perform.... the stud services can change his living habits.. but not his genetics

I worked long enough at studs to know that the only time those bulls get worked up is for a jump steer or a feedwagon. Not exactly much else to get excited about unless they are just a plain spook.

I was thinking the true test of how good of a bull he would be (or any bull) is in his calves. If a bull isn't so good it will show in the offspring,far pass the feed bucket.
Thanks for the insite.

Jake":j204wmx5 said:
ALACOWMAN":j204wmx5 said:

I worked long enough at studs to know that the only time those bulls get worked up is for a jump steer or a feedwagon. Not exactly much else to get excited about unless they are just a plain spook.
I doubt that if all us males were locked up in pens around pens with other males in them that we would be stunning examples of libido. Like Jake said, not much to be excited about.

Latest posts