Bull Tests...

Help Support CattleToday:

saintgert

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know of bull tests that accept July/August born bulls (particularly in the Southeast)? We had one that just misses the August 15 birthdate set by several local bull tests, and one from July. Most seem to be Aug. 15-Dec. and January-April...

I have no idea ---- as NO One in the Southeast is calving in July and August in 100+ degree heat. Sounds like you have some late calvers and either your nutrition is poor or they are just not up to speed and need to go to your local stockyard.

cows are bringing about 47 CWT currently and any calves born July or August will be varied. I would definately cull the summer calvers.
Ed

We have year round calving and leave the bull with the herd--poor management practice that's likely to change within the next few years.

edrsimms":2tdsdhlk said:
I have no idea ---- as NO One in the Southeast is calving in July and August in 100+ degree heat. Sounds like you have some late calvers and either your nutrition is poor or they are just not up to speed and need to go to your local stockyard.

cows are bringing about 47 CWT currently and any calves born July or August will be varied. I would definately cull the summer calvers.
Ed

Ya know, he asked a question, wasn't looking for an editorial on his management practices. :shock:

The only test I know of that would fit your needs is in Indiana. Info easily Googled.