Bull scrotal measurements

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
What is considered a good accrual scrotal measurement on 12-13 month old Angus bulls? Looking at a few bulls and noticed the ones I like are ranging from 37-42 CM. If all things were equal but that would you pick the higher one?

I was just yaking with the vet about this. He feels that 38 is about the minimum he likes. We had a yearling bull with a 44 yearling scrotal, ended up having fertility problems. He felt that 44 was a bit extreme and feels you should avoid extremes. So, I would think that whichever bull best fits your needs (and wallet) there isn't much to choose from with those measurements.

dun":3pqys15a said:
I was just yaking with the vet about this. He feels that 38 is about the minimum he likes. We had a yearling bull with a 44 yearling scrotal, ended up having fertility problems. He felt that 44 was a bit extreme and feels you should avoid extremes. So, I would think that whichever bull best fits your needs (and wallet) there isn't much to choose from with those measurements.
Not seen any of these in person but saw videos, will see them this weekend. Need to move a big bull, may not even like any of these. I really wonder how they will be price wise with the market down. Not a big name sale that they are in.

Latest posts