Bull sales here in Australia.

Help Support CattleToday:

With the Senepol bulls there was one in Roma that went for $15,500. Ian Manly, a well reknowned Dexter breeder, bought it and started up a new stud, called Bircham, the same prefix as his Dexter stud, I think it's good to see breeders that have a mix of breeds in their herds. Also Charolais bulls go for high prices around this time with the Palgrove and Gunnadoo sales on. In fact the highest price for Palgrove was $40 000 according to the AuctionsPlus website and many went over $10 000.

See what you mean. I looked at the Auctions plus site. They did have a good sale. I think $4,000 must have been the starting price.
We have a mix of breeds at our place.
Brahman, (Registered)
South Devon (Registered)
South Brahvon (Registered & commercial)
Hereford ( a few registered but mainly commercial )
Angus All the rest are commercial)
Black Baldy
Gelbvieh
Simbrah
Charolais
Colin :D

You certainly do have a mix of breeds, as I have none of my own, I'll list what we have at school(we only own the lowlines and the commercial animals, we borrow the rest for the show season)

Lowlines(registered)
Droughtmasters(Registered)
Charolais(Registered)
Poll Herefords(Registered)
And the rest are commercial
Black baldy's
Murray GreyX
Dairy cross(they're actually going pretty good around here)

Cheers,
Bek

if you concentrate on 1-2 breeds you will always have good cattle, if you have to many??? :roll: Palgrove only breed chars, lancfield Brahmans, Sprys shorthorns. and they have the best of there breeds. ;-)

topsquar":6uuz4ksw said:
if you concentrate on 1-2 breeds you will always have good cattle, if you have to many??? :roll: Palgrove only breed chars, lancfield Brahmans, Sprys shorthorns. and they have the best of there breeds. ;-)

Palgrove breed shorthorns and angus aswell, just focus more on the Charolais. :D