Bull sale Dec 3rd

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't know much about Simmental bloodlines, and would like some opinions of those who do, on Lot 102. next to last bull in the catalouge, and next to last video on the youtube link. My client who is aquiring Black Hereford bulls to breed his Brahmas to, for a F1 Black Braford, saw him ( 102) and asked about using him in this project. I told him he wouldn't be getting Black Brafords, he'd be getting BWF F1 Simbrahs. Would 2nd calf Brahma cows have any calving problems with him as opposed to Herford bulls? What colors and patterns could we expect from reg. grey Brahma cows, and from reg red Brahmas ( he has a handful of them, too)? Also, what are y'all's opinions on Lot 103? Not as much white...which suits me...but I kinda like the way he is built and moves a little better.

I was looking for Longview Farms' website. They are in central Iowa. They don't have a webpage but have a FB page. They breed Simmental, Shorthorn, and Black Hereford. This article was on their FB page, and now I am, unsure about getting a Simm bull from them, and am concerned about Black Herefords in general. Has anyone ever heard of MSUD? Do red Herefords get it? or Angus? Anyone ever seen it in any other breed? 25% calf loss is major! https://www.agupdate.com/iowafarmer...CEz7D4IHk0XjSu4k3i9i7ykDk5QSy1isvsVC83TLl8aDE

I was looking for Longview Farms' website. They are in central Iowa. They don't have a webpage but have a FB page. They breed Simmental, Shorthorn, and Black Hereford. This article was on their FB page, and now I am, unsure about getting a Simm bull from them, and am concerned about Black Herefords in general. Has anyone ever heard of MSUD? Do red Herefords get it? or Angus? Anyone ever seen it in any other breed? 25% calf loss is major! https://www.agupdate.com/iowafarmer...CEz7D4IHk0XjSu4k3i9i7ykDk5QSy1isvsVC83TLl8aDE
I believe the MSUD is an issue in Herefords not sure of whether it is a thing in other breeds or not.

Personally I've not seen any branded black Herefords yet that impressed me. Too many good purebred and stabilized composites out there for me to want to muddy the waters with theBH's.

Latest posts