Bull riding cow a sure sign?

Help Support CattleToday:

Thanks again. I'm looking into the blood testing, and I think I will give it a try when I work them next. I found that I have a testing lab just a couple miles from my work.

JLScattle":1afoaa24 said:
Thanks all. She definitely stood her ground and didn't walk out from under him.

NolanCountyAG":1afoaa24 said:
JLS, how come you still have the bull turned out if everything was bred? I'm with sky, preg check them so you know for sure.

I am currently running a bull year round, calving year round, and preg checking/working all every 6 months. I'm only 2 years into this business, but that is how I have done it so far. I am letting them go longer this time because I want to get to more of an April/October schedule of working/preg checking. I have also kicked around to going to every 4 months, but I'm open for advice.

skyhightree1":1afoaa24 said:
Jls stop guessing if your cattle are bred and do blood draws there alot cheaper than waiting for a year and not getting a calf.

This I need to find out more about. So far I have only had a vet palpate. I assume drawing blood is quicker and cheaper? What does it typically cost? How quickly does it need to get to a vet? Need to stay refrigerated?

Sorry jls I just seen it and seems others answered your questions.

Latest posts