Bull Prices Fall 2004

Help Support CattleToday:

We had a Beefmaster bull sale on October 16th in Brenham, TX and sold 82 bulls that averaged 2,830

It hurts my heart when I see what a situation Canadian cattlemen are in. Good luck. Hopefully, things will turn around soon for you guys.

Its good to know that alot of our fellow cattlemen (Cattle people?) in the US support us. I'm sure its just a matter of time until things straighten out.

CattleAnnie":wq7t0czm said:
I never buy a bull without seeing a recent semen test. That and a scrotal circumference over the breed minimum (along with the usual criteria of conformation and EPDs). The people I buy from guarantee their bulls to be breeding sound, but then they also have a vet test before their sale dates. No complaints so far.

One of the best Charlois bulls that I have came from a breeder who's ethics I wish were followed by more people in the purebred industry. If a male calf needs assistance either during the birth or to get on the teat, they band him. It sure shows in the bulls that they market. I had one bull of theirs seperate with a small group of 25 cows, and the next spring I was sure impressed by the vigour in those calves that he sired. Not one assist either delivery or sucking and the calves were just what the cow could comfortably deliver...ie. 1600lb cows gave birth to 120lb calves and 1300lb cows gave birth to 105lb calves. Grew like weeds, too. Gotta love it.

Dcara, sounds like that poor bull was worked too hard. Bet that guy would have tried to return him after the breeding season was done no matter how good that bull looked.

Take care.
There are a bunch of 105 to 120 pound calves born down here too Annie. Trouble is their owners think they wey 72. I wonder if they are that generous with their wife's weight??

i raise angus cattle . i cut off 10 to 15 bulls twice a year. we have 7 gen of angus onthe ranch. you can normally see the dam and sire here at the ranch. we get 1000.00 to 1200.00 at a year old . the will test good or we replace them.

Frankie wrote
It hurts my heart when I see what a situation Canadian cattlemen are in. Good luck. Hopefully, things will turn around soon for you guys.

thanxs for that
hope things get straitened out for us up here soon

al

Fleckvieh DPB":1fy2bu7h said:
paid 1750 for a 16-17 month shorthorn bull bout 2 years ago.

canada

al

Bull Prices are much cheaper in Canada and much higher in the United States in 2004 than they were 2 yrs ago.

If it will help you, the topic is

Bull Prices Fall 2004

Bulls are a dime a dozen so to speak up here. I bought a couple 3 yr bulls this year .One a galloway for 600.00 a hereford for 250.00.Had them semen tested before turnout.Cheap bullpower.

$2000 would buy some pretty awesome bulls in Canada.

Sold some of my old bulls for $400-$500

Latest posts