Bull price reasoning

Help Support CattleToday:

Aero":3spnxlbq said:
Angus Cowman":3spnxlbq said:
So I am sorry if I offended you Aero

i am sorry i missed the response to this one.

it doesnt offend me, it just sounds like you are making the exception sound like the rule.
Not meaning too, just trying to show that is one of the ways I can justify giving that much for some of my bulls, I haven't paid $5000 for every bull I own but I also have never pd less than $3000 for a top end producing bull, but I have seen many who pay 1200-1500 for one and then they can't understand why their calves don't compare,alot of that is genetics, alot of that is blind ignorance on their part and alot of that is also management or lack there of

Angus Cowman":29b19azq said:
and then they can't understand why their calves don't compare,alot of that is genetics, alot of that is blind ignorance on their part and alot of that is also management or lack there of

IF they don't have the ability to properly judge what they are buying and the cattle are mismanaged anyway, WHY spend a bunch on the bull? He will be lucky to get enough to eat to meet his maintenance needs and the calves aren't likely to eat well enough to express their genetic potential anyway.