Bull power

Help Support CattleToday:

KNERSIE

Reaction score
With the breeding season that is on hand for most spring calvers in the Northern hemisphere and the fall calvers in the Southern hemisphere, lets see some of the bulls that will be used for natural service.

I'll use these three bulls this season. The one on the left (11 1/2 months) for clean up in the registered herd. The young bull on the right (almost 12 months) as a heifer bull on the commercial replacements as well as cleanup on the registered heifers and the bull in the background (32 months) to breed the commercial herd with maybe some help from other yearling bulls for the first few weeks.

100_5705.jpg

From behind

100_5699.jpg

Harley you did pick out the Frankie daughter in my pictures. A Frankie son will be use by me for clean-up breeding after AIing is complete. My AI bulls are Frank P230 , Huth Full House Noo3 , and Huth Prospector No65.

LFF CHESTER P230 OF S1 (P2886583)

Here are a few of ours. I can't seem to get the small photo bigger. Sorry!

WR Mr.Red Dawg 5335
Red_Dawg_5335.jpg

LMG Gills Red Dawg 8507
A Son of Red Dawg
8507_resized.jpg

LMG Gills Vin Diesel 7611
Another son of Red Dawg

Mlk Crk Combination 4149
Milk_Creek_Combination.JPG

LMG Gills Wide Spread 6800
Lot_1_-_big.JPG

PIE Maximizer 5052
Maximizer.JPG

Normally, I would say he was it! but, last year we used a homegrown Macho son for 3 weeks and plan on using him again this year:

This was taken as a calf - was Res Grand Champion in 07 and again in 08. We have 4 calves on the ground by him and we're very happy with them.

It's still funny to see a black Simmental! What Happend?

Some firm is marketing "certified irish angus beef" here in Finland. Will our simmentals turn in to black also someday??

P.A.L":9eexo2sf said:

Some firm is marketing "certified irish angus beef" here in Finland. Will our simmentals turn in to black also someday??
doubt it, neither will "all" of ours,, but theres gotta be a source for those that want em

alacattleman":soaquzs7 said:
P.A.L":soaquzs7 said:

doubt it, neither will "all" of ours,, but theres gotta be a source for those that want em
In the PB industry, RED Simmentals are a "hot" item now. In the sale we had last weekend, a RED fall open heifer was high selling lot, a RED bred fall heifer was high selling fall breds, a RED cow/calf pair was 2nd high selling pairs. Of course, they weren't just red, they were good cattle no matter what color they were.
Oh yeah, my MAIN bull is a little long in the tooth, besides being "puny".

Knersie,

I hope when I grow up I have such an eye for phenotype as you! Great bulls! Looks as if you practice what you preach.

BRG's and the Limflex bull catch my eye also.

A few more pics of the same bulls, what I failed to mention was all three carries my prefix.

The two young bulls
100_5712.jpg

The 11 1/2 month old bull, I really have high hopes for him.
100_5693.jpg

One more shot of the same bull
100_5691.jpg

The almost 12 month old bull that will be used as a heifer bull.
100_5682.jpg

An older photo of the 32 month old bull when he was about 24 months old.
100_5180.jpg

Latest posts