Bull Power

Help Support CattleToday:

wacocowboy

Reaction score
I love watching rodeo and watching bulls buck is my favorite. Watched the PBR finals back in October now watching the NFR. Round one of the NFR was last night and just noticed the over all talent in the bucking bulls is a lot lower than the PBR. Yes there are a few PBR bulls at the NFR including the bucking bull of the year Long John and runner up Bruiser. I don't know how the PRCA picked its bucking bull of the year I wasn't impressed with him. I was just wondering why the PRCA doesn't have the same quality of bulls as the PBR. I would think at the NFR you would want the best bulls on the planet.

They need to be sure one gets rode from time to time. If they had they pbr top pen. It would be a steady string of buckoffs. :2cents:

I have wondered the same thing. Both orginazations are set up so differently, it's probably hard to compare the two. In the PBR, you follow the Bulls about as close as the riders. Not really that way in the PRCA. Pay out is different to. The paycheck for the PRCA guys (besides a few big rodeos) is the NFR. Maybe the association thinks it makes for a better NFR, and draws in better riders for the PRCA, when several people cover their bull at the finals.

fenceman":1guubyya said:
They need to be sure one gets rode from time to time. If they had they pbr top pen. It would be a steady string of buckoffs. :2cents:

Ain't that the truth. Last night was the rank pen at the NFR and only one guy covered and, a few of those bulls were not as good as the bulls in the PBR long rounds. The one that did get covered looked like a county fair bull sure as heck not what I expected out of the rank pen.

ALACOWMAN":1guubyya said:
Think a lot of smaller contractors supply bulls for the PBR..

Robinson, Berger, D&H, and Moreno I think are pretty big but yeah the PBR has like 70 plus contractors. Cody goes for quality over quantity. Like the lady that owned Mick E Mouse that was all she had. I know some the same guys take bulls to both places but it seems they take the better ones to the PBR.

Bigfoot":1guubyya said:
I have wondered the same thing. Both orginazations are set up so differently, it's probably hard to compare the two. In the PBR, you follow the Bulls about as close as the riders. Not really that way in the PRCA. Pay out is different to. The paycheck for the PRCA guys (besides a few big rodeos) is the NFR. Maybe the association thinks it makes for a better NFR, and draws in better riders for the PRCA, when several people cover their bull at the finals.

The PRCA bull riding is in trouble. Riders and bulls are not that good. I think the PRCA would be smart to reach out to the PBR and try to work something out where they could get some top riders at the NFR. There is a lot of money at the NFR I bet PBR riders would be interested in competing there along with a few other PRCA majors. I know some do it because Shane Proctor is at the finals. If the ERA takes off along with the PBR the PRCA could find themselves looking like the minor leagues. The PRCA depends on sponsors if they go away the PRCA is screwed and bull riding has always been the most popular event.

Yes, this new series for the elite guys, may very well hurt the PRCA. That is if it takes off?

Bigfoot":1n28ohlw said:
Yes, this new series for the elite guys, may very well hurt the PRCA. That is if it takes off?

Is ERA going to have bull riding? If they are I wonder what talent they will be able to attract.

littletom":1crc3k1y said:
I bet $ has a lot to do with it. Same as why the top riders are at the pbr.

Yeah there is a lot of money in the PBR but there is also a lot of money at the major PRCA events like Houston and the NFR. Since only one guy rode last night he took home like $86,000, each round the winner get 26,000.

I hated to see Tuf fall out the average like that. Don't know what got in that horses head? They didn't show a replay. Maybe the first rope was between his legs? Idk. Lots of talk about him handling it wrong. Not sure what reaction people were expecting. Work all year, for a freak thing like that to go down.

Bigfoot":24dzdpfl said:
I hated to see Tuf fall out the average like that. Don't know what got in that horses head? They didn't show a replay. Maybe the first rope was between his legs? Idk. Lots of talk about him handling it wrong. Not sure what reaction people were expecting. Work all year, for a freak thing like that to go down.

That was crazy I don't ever recall seeing a pro horse do something like that. A long time ago someone's horse kept backing up but just slowly pulling the calf not crazy like that horse. I was watching on DVR and I tried to see I think something or someone spoked that horse. I think it would have been worse if he let that calf get up. What I didn't understand is he has a knife why not cut the rope and then tie the calf. Is that his horse or was he riding someone else's? Trevor is the one who had the horse leading him out in the end. They have Joe there I sure wish they would of discussed that some. He switched horses last night and did a lot better.

Latest posts