Bull pics ,here is one to rip apart have at him!!!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
OK you can tear him up and not hurt my feelings at all. Say what you think and will really really be fine by me.. :)

3yr old balancer bull RAxGV ...

IMG_1228.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1214.jpg

IMG_1227.jpg

Hillsdown

He looks to me like 2 bulls, one from the head back to the flank and the other from there on.

On the front end he has good, maybe even very good depth, I won't say capacity cuz to me that carries all the way thru the flank. I am not thrilled with his shoulders to me they look coarse and like they could present calving problems.

On the rear end his lack of depth in the flank is kind of amazing. It goes against everything I like in any animal. His hip to me at least is also very short from his hooks to his pins. and last but certainly not least he appears to be short muscled in his rear end. The muscle stops very high in the inside round that at least to my way of thinking would cost a lot of pounds multiplied across a whole calf crop. Bottom line is he just seems weak across the board in the rear end and legs.

Good and bad that's how I see him no offense meant and I hope none taken.

That is pretty much what I think 3WC. He is very thick and doesn't even fit in the chute anymore even though my 1900lb Holstein that I shipped a couple months ago and was fat as a pig still did. It is like the front and grew and developed and the back end stayed the same as when he was a yearling.

He has produced 3 calves in 2 years and 2 of those were a mistake but I let them stand anyways. (he had a b it of a jumping panels problem and bred a couple cows that were in hold to be AI'd I didn't want to wait and was so PO'd that I said screw it.) The bull calf and heifer calf were 80-90lbs each and are looking really good so far ,well muscled.

I must say he looked better as a yearling ,but I kept him as a back up just in case and have never needed him so he is going for slaughter as soon as I can get him loaded. I was going to use him on my commercial mixed herd this year but since we AI'd a bunch in April through the herd together and am letting the clean up Gelbvieh bull breed them.

The girls Keen is with are all bred and have been separated because they have all twins and I am making sure they have enough forage to raise them with the worst drought we are suffering in 50 years.

I bought his dam as a bred cow and payed more for who she was supposed to be bred by, but when I DNA'd Mr. Keen it turned out he was out of an Angus bull they had at the time. They were a very large operation and AI'd alot and ran alot of different bulls so I guess it was just a mistake that was not caught. I really really like the cow, she is bigger than I am striving for at this time but is a very easy keeping cow and raises a h@ll of a calf each year so she is on my "gets to stay" list and is bred to JRI heavy equipment (hopefully for real this time).

I will see if I have a pic of them together on my other computer and if not will try and take one of her and post it.