bull (pic)

Help Support CattleToday:

jcarkie

Reaction score
here is a picture of my herd bull a 4yr old Braford no papers.
calf in avatar only heifer out of him lots of steers
100_0405.jpg
[/img]

thanks for posting a pic of a braford. apparently a lot of people dont know what one is supposed to look like. even those you'd think would know. how does he cross on that holstein?

Good looking bull and good pic. If I were to say anything negative, I would say he is a little post-legged, but not extreme. Lots of positives, though. Good length of hip, good quarter, good depth and spring of rib (best I can tell), and good markings. Would like to see a shot from behind if you have one. Nice Braford bull!

i was going to say something about that earlier but hes getting the job done so i didnt bother.

ALACOWMAN":1ac4qn77 said:
My only knock on him is that sheath.needs to be tighter not straight down angled toward front. other than that looks good.

I dont like him because he is to wasty, drops in his pins. He is long.

SCfarms":3ds2ib3u said:
I dont like him because he is to wasty, drops in his pins.

UHH, HMMM
Any picture I seen that appears to be a breed trait.

On straight bos tarus cows it wont show up in the calve as bad but on bra. cross it can be a problem.when i say this im thinking from heifer replacement concept. have you ever noticed heifer with extreme navel are almost always hard keepers. plus the added risk of him steping on it or getting a infection .

Thats a cow making bull if I ever saw one. Too bad you didn't dehorn him. Great length, nice slope to his hip, lots of capacity,(guts) and feet that will last a lifetime. He will make super mama cows.

I think I agree with most of you folks, and especially about the horns, but they're pretty small and could still be tipped a good bit to make him a little "safer". Gotta like those goggles. And Thomas, even though this bull is only 5/8 Hereford now you can tell all those folks that were concerned with excess leather on your bull to take look at some real leather!

SCfarms":3v16stil said:
As a Brahman influenced breed he is going to have some excess leather. Also, sloping from hooks to pins is another trait of Brahman influenced cattle (including Brangus.) When you say he is long....do you mean long bodied? That adds to a meat animal's volume. Tom Lasater of Beefmaster fame once said he's breed a 50 foot long cow if he could meaning that he was breeding for high capacity cattle. Another note on his "wastiness", Brahman and Brahman influenced cattle dissapate heat from the large dewlap, sheath/naval, and ears. It aids in their heat tolerance.

i wish he didn't have the horns, he was 18 mons when i bought him, ican't do that to one that big. but i can fix the horns on his calves. snip-snip. most of my cows are bos tauras, he puts the leather under their chins eveytime. i just can't get enough heifers out if him. i will post pics of calves labor day when i wean them.

J. T.":1mc4huv0 said:
SCfarms":1mc4huv0 said:
As a Brahman influenced breed he is going to have some excess leather. Also, sloping from hooks to pins is another trait of Brahman influenced cattle (including Brangus.) When you say he is long....do you mean long bodied? That adds to a meat animal's volume. Tom Lasater of Beefmaster fame once said he's breed a 50 foot long cow if he could meaning that he was breeding for high capacity cattle. Another note on his "wastiness", Brahman and Brahman influenced cattle dissapate heat from the large dewlap, sheath/naval, and ears. It aids in their heat tolerance.

The brangus bulls we have really are not that wastey. My uncle has two brangus bulls for sale. I will posted them to show you that they do not have near the leather this bull has. Do get me wrong he has some. Long short for long bodied.