Bull photos for Knersie

Help Support CattleToday:

TennesseeTuxedo":rub15f0w said:
Hereford76":rub15f0w said:
I never look at CT anymore... don't know why I did.

2 of those bulls are full et sibs. The first one would be grandson of sire to et sibs.

Full et sister to et bulls above... with 1st calf

Why don't you like CT?

Didn't say I don't like it... just don't look here like I used to and the day I do there are pics of my bulls on here - was kind of surprising that's all. I don't know if some folks realize the people that used to participate here and HT. At both places the majority of them not so much got ran off but just got turned off and either has not been the same since imo.

Dogs and Cows":1oelc6c9 said:
Margonme":1oelc6c9 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1oelc6c9 said:
I'm a big fan of the Hereford breed, I like Angus as well both black and red. I've always heard there was a lot of animosity amoungst some in the Hereford community. I guess I just don't understand why?

I can tell you why! OVER IDENTIFICATION.

Humans have a problem with that. Ever see a parent at a youth sporting event? Makes me ill. Saw a man in Montana disparage his son to the point the poor kid was crying and couldn't function because his dad was yelling obscenities at him for missing a soccer goal. You would have thought the father was out there playing and the kid disgraced him. That was a case of OVER IDENTIFICATION with his son.

People do it over their favorite sports teams. When Kentucky loses a basketball game, the whole state acts like there was a funeral!!

And yes, people over identify with the breed of cattle they have spent their career on.

Personally, I don't give a crap what breed I raise. I enjoy cattle. I enjoy animals. I could be just as happy with Angus.

That is living vicariously through a child...that is different. A sports team makes people feel part of something...takes them away from their "dull" lives...part of a group. I agree the same could be said for cattle...and I am just like you...I love cows and as long as I have well mannered animals I could probably care less what the exact breed is. Black, Red, White, or otherwise...although I do want them to pay their way :nod:

I agree. Good way to state it.

I disagree on the sports fanatics. It is more complicated. Fanaticism gets complicated.

People have herefords for the same reason few people still listen to vinyl records or watch vhs tapes. It was once the standard, but has fallen behind as others marched ahead.

TennesseeTuxedo":2wm3yyfm said:
Margonme":2wm3yyfm said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2wm3yyfm said:
I'm a big fan of the Hereford breed, I like Angus as well both black and red. I've always heard there was a lot of animosity amoungst some in the Hereford community. I guess I just don't understand why?

I can tell you why! OVER IDENTIFICATION.

Humans have a problem with that. Ever see a parent at a youth sporting event? Makes me ill. Saw a man in Montana disparage his son to the point the poor kid was crying and couldn't function because his dad was yelling obscenities at him for missing a soccer goal. You would have thought the father was out there playing and the kid disgraced him. That was a case of OVER IDENTIFICATION with his son.

People do it over their favorite sports teams. When Kentucky loses a basketball game, the whole state acts like there was a funeral!!

And yes, people over identify with the breed of cattle they have spent their career on.

Personally, I don't give a crap what breed I raise. I enjoy cattle. I enjoy animals. I could be just as happy with Angus.

And yet there you are with a bunch of Simmental cows, you poor misguided soul.

I have a good bunch of Simmentals. My number one criteria is docility. I have not been disappointed.

I cannot do this by myself with crazy cattle!!! There is too much work to add to it handling contrary beasts.

Margonme":1c5c3rr0 said:
I disagree on the sports fanatics. It is more complicated. Fanaticism gets complicated.

Just read an article yesterday where a guy has to stand and hold a football during the entire game on TV so that 'his' team will win.

All of those bulls look nice. It's too bad people can't just say that and move on. Instead they nitpick and pretend like everything they have is perfect.

Life's short. Don't make it shorter by stressing yourself over internet feuds. Just look at pictures of pretty cattle, drink some wine, and relax people.

Supa Dexta":1onyylkv said:
People have herefords for the same reason few people still listen to vinyl records or watch vhs tapes. It was once the standard, but has fallen behind as others marched ahead.

Then why am I seeing averages on Angus bulls at $5K a head and Herefords are pulling over $6K at the same sale?

I'm not talking about a specific animal or sale. I mean the breed as a whole. If you think hereford hasn't fallen behind in market share and relevance, you better get to reading.

Supa Dexta":1ux99h1g said:
I'm not talking about a specific animal or sale. I mean the breed as a whole. If you think hereford hasn't fallen behind in market share and relevance, you better get to reading.

I agree. In the 1950s, the central northern part of Kentucky where I grew up was hereford country. They are mostly black now except for remnant herds. Just a fact! Drive across the Midwest. The cattle are mostly black.

Dogs and Cows":2e35zbnc said:
Supa Dexta":2e35zbnc said:

DISAGREE
Strongly agree with Supa Dexta, bet you that many Hereford bulls went to Angus farms than to the Hereford farms. There's not much demand for straight Hereford steers here and they are slowly replaced by red Angus and Simmentals here.

Bestoutwest":1c3zl7f0 said:
Supa Dexta":1c3zl7f0 said:

Then why am I seeing averages on Angus bulls at $5K a head and Herefords are pulling over $6K at the same sale?
Bet ya, these Hereford bulls went to Angus ranches to producing black baldies.

Bestoutwest":38tw4z1u said:
Supa Dexta":38tw4z1u said:

Some folks really like Hereford cattle and the Hereford bull I have is easy to deal, and holds condition better than any bull I've ever had. And as an added bonus his black baldie calves will sell in the top 10% every time.
But as far as I know a Hereford bull hasn't won a bull test in Georgia for years if ever? And Hereford calves are never the high sellers at the sale barn. But in the specialty - breeder sales Hereford usually leads the way most of the time.

I like Semi's, Angus and Herefords, as long as they raise a nice calf and aren't cantankerous. People get way to bent out of shape on little shyt.

I get why people have left, you see i don't come here very much because i got the he!! beat out of my bulls, when you I see nothing wrong with them.
BIg butt, Big NUTTs

Oh and thats just on Grass

When you get beat up enough, you feel your opinion isn't worth a crap.

By the way speaking of bashing Herefords, how come the most popular commercial cow is 1/2 hereford? Hmm. very interesting :cboy: :cboy: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

Latest posts