Bull photos for Knersie

Help Support CattleToday:

JWBrahman

Reaction score
These are the bull photos that got me kicked off Herefordtalk. Not sure why the moderator was so intimidated, they are not super long and do not have a lot of meat on the back.

typically not looking for a horned bull, but I'd put any of those dudes in my pastures.

Because he's using hay to hide their feet....or maybe someone like Frankie is a moderator? Jealousy is an evil trait that some humans can't seem to overcome.

That is a fine set of bulls, but sadly I did not breed them and don't own them. I found out on my own who they belonged to because of getting kicked of Herefordtalk.

http://www.ngrbulls.com/herd_bulls.htm

It's actually a pretty funny cattle story.

Allforage sent me those photos a while ago and wanted to know my thoughts on the bulls. No pedigree info, just what were my thoughts. So I told him I like the two that are obviously brothers. They lack some pigment around the eyes and are a little straight in the rear ends but super nice bulls. The bull with the good eye pigment is not as nice on the topline and doesn't have the beef on the back, but you sometimes have to trade one thing for another in cattle breeding. I told Allforage that I'd breed any and all three in a heartbeat to our Brahman based cattle, but would be very careful breeding the two without pigment to another Hereford. Then he told me the semen package on the sire of those three bulls is $10,000 with reg certificates. My attitude was go for it. Haven't talked to Allforage in a while but I think he is mixing those bloodlines with his Anxiety 4th bloodline from Oklahoma. Should be some nice bulls in his pasture. Maybe he'll give me a discount since they humiliated us in football.

A while later the old turds on Herefordtalk were bellyaching and moaning about how nobody wants a Hereford, Hereford is no good, feel sorry for me at my pity party, blah blah blah. I posted those three bulls and said that Hereford is just fine, some herds suck and some herds are great. WHAM!

I was banned and all of my posts were erased. Such is the life and death drama of the online cattle discussion, lol.

Along the "some herds are great and some aren't" topic, this past weekend I happened to be between Dwight, KS and White City, KS and saw some nice (!) Hereford cows.

I missed that. I obviously recognise the brand, don't think the breeder is even a member of HT anymore.

Breeding in oregon late March to June 20th... then exposed to 103 mature cows June 20th and will be pulled another 7 days. Shouldn't have posted this pick cause there is no straw to hide his horrid feet and he's slicked off and nothing to hide the lack of muscle over his poor topline.

I never look at CT anymore... don't know why I did.

2 of those bulls are full et sibs. The first one would be grandson of sire to et sibs.

Full et sister to et bulls above... with 1st calf

Hereford76":2j621ncf said:

2 of those bulls are full et sibs. The first one would be grandson of sire to et sibs.

Great pics. Really like the cow.

TennesseeTuxedo":15legkl2 said:
Hereford76":15legkl2 said:

Why don't you like CT?

My guess would be because of threads like this one.

KNERSIE":yd105wzt said:
TennesseeTuxedo":yd105wzt said:
Hereford76":yd105wzt said:

Why don't you like CT?

My guess would be because of threads like this one.

What's wrong with this thread, Knersie? I know you Hereford guys get your panties in a twist at the drop of a hat, that is why I posted this thread. Look at all the folks yall ran off that board, and then look at who is left.

Like I told Danny Miller, I wouldn't purchase anything from any of the regular crowd on that discussion board. Yall darn sure ran off anyone who had a decent herd of cattle. And the snooty attitude towards the commercial producers when half of yalls cattle are dinks, well I am pretty sure this thread NEEDED to be posted.

And let the man answer his own darn question, too. Last time I checked your cattle were not half as good, so let Hereford 76 answer with his own statement. Some people...slap the stupid out your mouth. lol

TennesseeTuxedo":mv51kjvk said:
I'm a big fan of the Hereford breed, I like Angus as well both black and red. I've always heard there was a lot of animosity amoungst some in the Hereford community. I guess I just don't understand why?

I can tell you why! OVER IDENTIFICATION.

Humans have a problem with that. Ever see a parent at a youth sporting event? Makes me ill. Saw a man in Montana disparage his son to the point the poor kid was crying and couldn't function because his dad was yelling obscenities at him for missing a soccer goal. You would have thought the father was out there playing and the kid disgraced him. That was a case of OVER IDENTIFICATION with his son.

People do it over their favorite sports teams. When Kentucky loses a basketball game, the whole state acts like there was a funeral!!

And yes, people over identify with the breed of cattle they have spent their career on.

Personally, I don't give a crap what breed I raise. I enjoy cattle. I enjoy animals. I could be just as happy with Angus.

Margonme":2t02g2uo said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2t02g2uo said:
I'm a big fan of the Hereford breed, I like Angus as well both black and red. I've always heard there was a lot of animosity amoungst some in the Hereford community. I guess I just don't understand why?

I can tell you why! OVER IDENTIFICATION.

Humans have a problem with that. Ever see a parent at a youth sporting event? Makes me ill. Saw a man in Montana disparage his son to the point the poor kid was crying and couldn't function because his dad was yelling obscenities at him for missing a soccer goal. You would have thought the father was out there playing and the kid disgraced him. That was a case of OVER IDENTIFICATION with his son.

People do it over their favorite sports teams. When Kentucky loses a basketball game, the whole state acts like there was a funeral!!

And yes, people over identify with the breed of cattle they have spent their career on.

Personally, I don't give a crap what breed I raise. I enjoy cattle. I enjoy animals. I could be just as happy with Angus.

And yet there you are with a bunch of Simmental cows, you poor misguided soul.