Bull photos for Knersie

Help Support CattleToday:

Muddy":pq253ejb said:
Dogs and Cows":pq253ejb said:
Supa Dexta":pq253ejb said:
People have herefords for the same reason few people still listen to vinyl records or watch vhs tapes. It was once the standard, but has fallen behind as others marched ahead.

DISAGREE
Strongly agree with Supa Dexta, bet you that many Hereford bulls went to Angus farms than to the Hereford farms. There's not much demand for straight Hereford steers here and they are slowly replaced by red Angus and Simmentals here.

With that being said there is no demand for straight Limi or Simmi steers here in this region. And they will be docked more than a good straight Hereford. The Sim/Angus fad is fading out also. Too much docilty issues along with the feeders buyers not preferring them. One feeder buyer stated that his preference was a good half Angus either crossed with a Hereford or 1/4 Hereford and 1/4 Simi, Limi or Gelvie. The black hide doesn't fool a true cowman. And there is a niche market for Hereford steers in this area for the CHB program. I read an article recently that a lot of research had went into. It showed that over the whole nation Angus was the dominant breed, then Herefords and Red Angus witht he rest grouped behind them. There are some still using Chars for a cross but not many. They are docked too much. A neighbor runs good Chars and some of her bulls in the past bred a few cows. Although of good quality they cut them off at the sale and they bring less. But the black baldies are left on the bunch. If they are real good Herefords and only a few they will leave them also many times. This is just what I've seen. Things vary so much from one region to the next it is hard once you get below a straight good quality Angus to say what is the best choice.

thommoos":2wjysmxz said:
I get why people have left, you see i don't come here very much because i got the he!! beat out of my bulls, when you I see nothing wrong with them.
BIg butt, Big NUTTs

Oh and thats just on Grass

Evaluations of cattle without ACCOUNTABILITY is like a pitcher throwing warm up pitches before the umpire calls balls and strikes.

If the user got graded for their evaluation, maybe it would mean something. Evaluations do not require any qualifications. Who knows what motives are behind a user's comments.

The point: Take it with a 50 pound bag of loose salt. For goodness sakes, don't stop coming here because you got your bulls beat up. No comment on this forum changes a Damm thing.

thommoos":34pmqgue said:
I get why people have left, you see i don't come here very much because i got the he!! beat out of my bulls, when you I see nothing wrong with them.
BIg butt, Big NUTTs

Oh and thats just on Grass

Nice bulls. Better than the average for sure. I don't post pics because it isn't going to change the type I raise and no need to post them and get comments that are worthless in the real world from someone who hasn't raised a head in my environsnt and has no clue what it takes to make money on cattle here.

There's no doubt that thin skinned folks better not post pictures of their stock. They all look good to me some just more so than others. There's no such thing as a perfect cow.

Point of order, this thread started as a Hereford thread and somehow has wondered into angus, simi and what I believe to be a beefmaster. 2nd point of order, this thread was about tension on another webpage but somehow wrapped around to tension on this site and then to statements about acceptability of various breeds and programs.

There should be more focus to stay on topic, bashing hereford breeders on another site. Thank you for your attention.

Commercialfarmer":3kenhq6p said:
Point of order, this thread started as a Hereford thread and somehow has wondered into angus, simi and what I believe to be a beefmaster. 2nd point of order, this thread was about tension on another webpage but somehow wrapped around to tension on this site and then to statements about acceptability of various breeds and programs.

There should be more focus to stay on topic, bashing hereford breeders on another site. Thank you for your attention.

What are you going to do to us if we don't heed your point of order?
:D

Never see any docility issues with Simmental and SimAngus cattle here, they're mighty popular with Angus breeders in most areas. Zero dock on them at the local sale barns. The Char X steers brings more than straight Herefords and feathernecks at most local sale barns. I'm just saying that many Hereford cattle went to the ranches for crossbreeding with other breeds here.

Bestoutwest":26w83ph6 said:
Margonme":26w83ph6 said:
I disagree on the sports fanatics. It is more complicated. Fanaticism gets complicated.

Just read an article yesterday where a guy has to stand and hold a football during the entire game on TV so that 'his' team will win.

All of those bulls look nice. It's too bad people can't just say that and move on. Instead they nitpick and pretend like everything they have is perfect.

:nod: Life's short. Don't make it shorter by stressing yourself over internet feuds. Just look at pictures of pretty cattle, drink some wine, and relax people.

Best line in this thread - but you are not focusing on the subject. Read the Point of Order by CF.

Margonme":8c879fw8 said:
Commercialfarmer":8c879fw8 said:

Keep reading. :D

Commercialfarmer":1fzt1ue3 said:
Margonme":1fzt1ue3 said:
Commercialfarmer":1fzt1ue3 said:

Keep reading. :D
:lol:

TennesseeTuxedo":2rrcaqzd said:
I'm just going to ask you one question Thommoos, Tide or War Eagle?

Roll Tide, But I really Like it when Auburn Plays, I then have two favorite teams, Alabama and who ever is playing Auburn. :lol:

thommoos":2xi0t6d0 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2xi0t6d0 said:
I'm just going to ask you one question Thommoos, Tide or War Eagle?

Roll Tide, But I really Like it when Auburn Plays, I then have two favorite teams, Alabama and who ever is playing Auburn. :lol:

Dadgummit! Go Vols!

We're due a win at this point I believe.

Margonme":3uk3lf7j said:
[ :nod: Life's short. Don't make it shorter by stressing yourself over internet feuds. Just look at pictures of pretty cattle, drink some wine, and relax people.

Best line in this thread - but you are not focusing on the subject. Read the Point of Order by CF.[/quote]

Thank you sir. I will try to stay on focus, though.

thommoos":3uk3lf7j said:

What's 50 ft long, is all related and smells like pee? The Alabama football team waiting to get on the team bus!

thommoos":1j9a9uep said:

What's 50 ft long, is all related and smells like pee? The Alabama football team waiting to get on the team bus!

I heard it as, what's 50 ft long, has three teeth and smells bad? Concession line at an Alabama game.

:lol: :lol: Those are good ones I have to write those down and change the team names. I got one thing to say in response, umm "How Many National Championships?" I was a fan even in the Ray Perkins days of 5 in row to Auburn.

crickets :lol: :lol: :lol:

The college team I root for is my alma mater, and a FCS team. So technically I have no dog in this fight, but I will root for any team if they are playing an SEC team. Sorry all you southern guys.

And oh yeah, Herefords.....I got nothing.

I'm trying to stay on topic...

Latest posts