bull pens

Help Support CattleToday:

mature bull2 2-4 years old. they will be feed graina nd hay. they are my herd sires

dun":16vz45np said:
We keep a dozen bulls in a 24" by 30" pen

dun

& we've seen pictures of those bulls. nice-looking but a little narrow if you ask me :lol: :lol:

to answer the original question, i would also ask how many?

dun":2snx6qq9 said:

dun

talking about miniature bulls... lol just joking dun, i know you mean 24' by 30'

jt

Anonymous":2k1y0nqq said:
jt":2k1y0nqq said:
dun":2k1y0nqq said:

dun

talking about miniature bulls... lol just joking dun, i know you mean 24' by 30'

jt

He's talking about semen straws. He A.I.'s.

LOL ok i guess he does then.. i thought even 24x30 was small for "real live bulls" .... but wasnt going to argue that point. shucks, i bet he keeps more than a dozen at times.

jt

jt":jqavmfrv said:
shucks, i bet he keeps more than a dozen at times.

jt

You're right. We have 15 individual bulls in the pen(tank). One Simmenthal, three Polled Hereford, 9 RED ANGUS, 2 blk angus

dun

We tried AI once.
Couldnt get the cows to drink through those straws.
Kept spitting it out, never did get a cow bred?
Dont need a bull pen if you leave him out year round.
Hillbilly

hillbilly":1qynrd7f said:
We tried AI once.
Hillbilly

Hillbilly I with you on the bull.

hillbilly":2hw310j8 said:
We tried AI once.
Hillbilly

The bad part is getting your face close enough to be abe to blow the semen in her.

dun

dun":2umvkuas said:
hillbilly":2umvkuas said:
We tried AI once.
Hillbilly

The bad part is getting your face close enough to be abe to blow the semen in her.

dun

Starting to worry about you Missouri guys. You'uns don't get to town much do you?

Got a little sidetracked there gentleman?! :?: In an answer to the original question... the neighbor guy has 20ft X 30ft leanto with that continuse pipe fencing around a 100ft long run lot. Seems to work well for him. The fence needs to be tall enough that the bull can't jump it to get to the cows.

Personally, I don't have the facility to handle very many bulls at one time. My herd bulls get hauled to the other farm during calving and AI season. That way there is no temptation. There is three strands of electric barb wire keeping them in the 5 acre pasture there. Works good for me.

The 5 acee pasture would give the bulls ample space to move around and get enough exercise while not turned out with the cows. I would recommend having the feed and hay at one end and the water at the fartherest end for them to have to walk and get exercise while not with the cows.

Latest posts