Bull pen

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score

Our son Jacob has been after me to get some photos of the bulls we have for sale, between breeding rain and cold I just hadn't got the task completed. Yesterday I had to hang out at the home place waiting on a service tech it wasn't raining or freezing so I got the task accomplished.

I took a bunch more but the boss arrived to haul three of them to the vet for a BSE and then on to their new owner.

Gizmom

AC

The bull with the snotty nose is D68 he spends 90% of his time picking fights with every other bull in the pen. I imagine they just finally beat the snot out of him! It was in the 70's this week with high humidity and tonight going into the 20's so it does factor in a bit as well.

Gizmom

The snotty nose bull is out of our 1339 bull the dam is out of sitz alliance 6595 and oops he is D65 not D68.

This is the 1339 bull he turned 4 in October, I had planned to use him again this year but decided to sell him and use a Calf we had at the Florida bull test. I hate letting him go he is just so easy going not to mention he sires some really nice calves. We will be breeding several daughters this year.

This is a picture of the calf we are using, the photo was taken while he was still at the bull test. He is going to be a stud.

Gizmom

They look good, what are their ages? From memory I think you calve a month or two after me so would put them at about 16 months???? A good time to unload them.

Ken

If you were closer I would be trying to buy either the 4 y/o or snot nose.

Nice Group of bulls, especially the older one. What was the tag number of the bull test bull you are retaining? What was the sire?

I would never have guessed you could take 6595 that far south. The granddaughters here are notoriously late shedders here. To the point that it affects them in the summer heat.

Jscunn

We are actually using two of the Bulls we had on test 1676 is out on heifers until March 1st then heading to Ga. The D45 bull that is pictured was test number 1677 he is out on the mature cows. We have another long yearling out on the recips that in all honesty is my favorite calf he is D26 a Recharge out of our 811 cow he is just a stud registration 18807240. He would be in the mature group if his dam wasn't in there. I will have him on my two and three year old group next year and move the C37 bull registration 18472524 up to the mature group.

Wow the hair thing on 6595 surprises me we have not had an issue with hair, I did quit using him but my reason was depth of heel not hair.

Gizmom

I had some offspring that were shallow not all but some and had some other breeders that I respected tell me he was throwing shallow heels. I never saw the bull myself so can't say for a fact he was deep or shallow. I can say for a fact I culled some cows out of him that were shallow, but I also have some really nice ones that have plenty of depth of heel. It could be the way some pedigrees stack up. I make sure when breeding his daughters that the sire has plenty of depth. 6595 was a cow maker, the good ones are really really good.

Gizmom

Had the vet out this morning to BSE the group of bulls. One didn't ejaculate (he was shy) the other all was good until he looked at the stain and he only had 60%. Both of these were deferred we will retest in two months. The rest all passed with flying colors. Three are already sold we were just waiting to get the BSE prior to delivery. We have several customers that were waiting until we got the BSE done before they come. Another chore completed yea!

gizmom

Latest posts