Bull pen

Help Support CattleToday:

Thanks! We sure try I know it will be time to retire if We don't get excited about our next calf crop. I am already looking at the calves and picturing them as bulls and bred heifers. I think I have an addiction!

Gizmom

gizmom":2wj757g3 said:
Thanks! We sure try I know it will be time to retire if We don't get excited about our next calf crop. I am already looking at the calves and picturing them as bulls and bred heifers. I think I have an addiction!

Gizmom

I'm always excited to see the first calf whether it is of the year, by a new sire or by a replacement we raised. And for me the excitement increases when we raised the heifer or cow. With every calf I'm always analyzing a cross and seeing if I want to do it again or move her to anohter bull. Even during the extreme cold we had we had to watch every morning we drove up to a pasture and the temps were single digits and there was a new one sucking. We have had one lose 2/3 of his tail but he is doing fine. When I stop getting excited they might as well put me in a pine box.

I was reading through the Angus Journal today and came across this picture of a bull in the SAV sale in February. This is the natural calf out of the cow we purchased in November. She will be calving in April. She is going to be flushed and the first flush planned is to Make full sibs to the calf pictured. I am super excited!

Gizmom

gizmom":3n8m7gq8 said:
I was reading through the Angus Journal today and came across this picture of a bull in the SAV sale in February. This is the natural calf out of the cow we purchased in November. She will be calving in April. She is going to be flushed and the first flush planned is to Make full sibs to the calf pictured. I am super excited!

Gizmom

I would be excited also. It is evident you know good cattle and are intent on making them better. I always enjoy watching someone that has a breeding plan and watch it develop.