Bull of the Woods II

Help Support CattleToday:

Rustler9

Reaction score
Longhorns084.jpg

This is a son of BT Heineken Dark, he'll be two years old next month. His name is BT White Cloud, he's out of a big roan cow with a ton of horn. He's in the same pasture as his papa right now. We have a bull pasture that we keep them in and pull them out as needed for breeding or as we sell them.

Rustler9":24485q57 said:
Longhorns084.jpg

This is a son of BT Heineken Dark, he'll be two years old next month. His name is BT White Cloud, he's out of a big roan cow with a ton of horn. He's in the same pasture as his papa right now. We have a bull pasture that we keep them in and pull them out as needed for breeding or as we sell them.

The markings on his side say he's version 3.5. :D
lool.gif
crazy.gif
coffee.gif

Nice looking animal. One I would love to have!
xyxthumbs.gif

No offense, but he is not what I like to see in a bull- or a feeder steer for that matter.

He has no muscle and is funneled butt

ilfarmer92":1cdxawyi said:
No offense, but he is not what I like to see in a bull- or a feeder steer for that matter.

;-) Besides that, he ain't black and has horns. 8)

ilfarmer92":qq0cp9ed said:

Longhorns aren't raised for the reason you have in mind. It's all about horn and color and orginal longhorn confirmation. He is a lean moving machine. He is designed to cover some ground when grazing.

No offense taken, I certainly have the choice to breed black and polled and don't. These cattle aren't for everyone but they're good cattle, just depends what you want to breed for.

KenB":1kfdcuod said:
ilfarmer92":1kfdcuod said:

Put one of them black bulls in the environment this guy can thrive in, and those black bulls will have less muscle, if they don't lay down and die.

There is one long horn breeder in the area or at least that is what the sign says I don't think I have seen any animals but it was winter when I was last out that way so they could have been kept in a separate area.Anywho my question is how do they do in cold weather.This is Alberta and even though they were around the Calgary area it still gets to minus 30 in the winter.I think those horns are magnificent.

Rustler9":23uericc said:
No offense taken, I certainly have the choice to breed black and polled and don't. These cattle aren't for everyone but they're good cattle, just depends what you want to breed for.

I do understand that most Longhorn breeders do raise for "long"horns. I've seen some really nice longhorns that probably didnt have the best tip to tip length. I guess its whatever works for and they must be working or else you wouldnt be in them. Good Luck with him.

KenB":2vlxhed4 said:
ilfarmer92":2vlxhed4 said:

Those cattle should be proud to have horns. The dinky horns some Horned Herfs have and limis have... they are the sad ones. :lol:

backhoeboogie":4nacthac said:
KenB":4nacthac said:
ilfarmer92":4nacthac said:

:roll: :roll: :roll: Note the ;-) beside my comment.

Put one of them black bulls in the environment this guy can thrive in, and those black bulls will have less muscle, if they don't lay down and die.

Thanks for the comments. I think he'll turn out ok. I don't know how close of a connection the Highland breed has with these. I don't think it's very close at all. I like the Highland from what I've seen though.

Rustler9":bmswt33x said:
He's looking for a new zip code. :)

I need to get more land before I can have any cattle. Plan 1 for getting out of debt from the divorce is completed.
wootrock.gif
Plan 2, getting funds for land has started. Meanwhile, plan 2A, learning which breed of cattle is compatable for the area I want to live, has commennced.
crazy.gif
coffee.gif

Chrisy - this is taken from an article called "A Dying Breed?" on the Cattlemen's Texas Longhorn Registry site. Don't know how valid it is, but CTLR is heavily involved in genetic testing to determine longhorn "purity".

"Longhorns descended from cattle that explorers brought over in the 1500s from southwestern Spain. Through genetic tests, scientists have discovered that most of the Texas longhorns are related most closely to the retino cattle, which are solid-colored, ranging from brown to red. These cattle can still be found in Andalusia today."

And good luck to to you 63DH8. Been there, done that, and got the t-shirt.

ETF...thanks for the information, I had forgotten about the Cattle with long horns in Spain, they are the ones they use in Bullfighting. Horrid sport, not fair on the Bull.

Absolutely. Never been to a bull fight and have no interntion of ever going, but I'd definitely be pulling for the bull.

Latest posts