Bull not eating

Help Support CattleToday:

kinghenry22

Reaction score
I have a 7 month old bull thats really frisky and is not eating due to the my neighbors hiefers and my heifers, i guess going in heat. hes still to small to reach anything so hes basically running around tiring himself out. i tried fenceing him in by himself, but he just stands there looking and sniffing through the wire? any suggestions

kinghenry22":p374gf9y said:
I have a 7 month old bull thats really frisky and is not eating due to the my neighbors hiefers and my heifers, i guess going in heat. hes still to small to reach anything so hes basically running around tiring himself out. i tried fenceing him in by himself, but he just stands there looking and sniffing through the wire? any suggestions

That's what bulls are supposed to do. I wouldn't worry too much; he'll eat when he gets hungry. Separating him from the heifers would probably help, but he needs company and to be further away than just across the fence. Some special feed might help, too.

as said he just has his mind on chasing the heifers.he will eat when he gets hungry.

kinghenry22":1hkx2jer said:
thanks Frankie.

You're welcome. I need to add that if you expect to use him as a breeding bull or sell him for a breeding bull as a yearling, you probably need to get him seperated from the heifers. He's not going to starve to death jumping on heifers, but if he's not eating well, he's probably not going to grow to his potential either. And there's the possibility that he could breed one of those girls.

kinghenry22":ees81sbf said:

It's natural.."we" all go thru that stage.