Bull meat?

Help Support CattleToday:

BAGTIC

Reaction score
How many people here have eaten bull meat?

Years ago I rented from a Mexican family that regularly grilled bull meat and invited me to their parties. I found it quite tasty and as prepared not at all tough.

I also recall reading of a market survey done by USDA that found that the majority of people sampled found it better flavored than beef.

Bull beef taste as good as and is as tender as any other beef if raised and slaughtered right.

We have a friend who slaughters bullls in tact and you can't tell the difference. He'll come over and help my husband band ours but he doesn't band his.

I have also eaten the parts that makes them a bull insted of a steer. Battered and fried there pretty good.

Lammie":2gykm30c said:
We have a friend who slaughters bullls in tact and you can't tell the difference. He'll come over and help my husband band ours but he doesn't band his.

We do it too. You CAN tell a difference. It tastes BETTER. IMO.

The bull meat I ate was definitely different than 'beef'. It was darker colored with a purplish hue and a glossy sheen.

You want to get "technical"?

Beef = meat from a bovine.

Cow = female bovine

Calf = baby bovine

Bull = male bovine

:lol:

We slaughtered a bull for the freezer last fall. He was a show bull that had a bad attitude, so he'd been on show feed from weaning til about 16 or 18 months old. The meat is awesome. THe ground beef is very lean and the steaks are very tender and flavorful.

More people done ate them selves bull meat than knows it. just like mister Caustic Burno told ya. every time ya see yur self a bull go through the sale barn its headen fur some fellers plate! ;-) i always pick myself a fat bull off the range when i needs me some more beef in the freezer! ifen he aint been haven a go at no cows he tastes dam good.

When the hide, hoofs, horns, and jewells come off they all look the same. Some taste better than others and some are tender others are tough. But in the end its Beef - thats whats for dinner!

Ryder":2optfxvq said:
milkmaid":2optfxvq said:

Cow = female bovine

Calf = baby bovine

Bull = male bovine

You forgot 'steer'. :p

:lol: Now how do you classify that one? :p

Ryder":2r85t94s said:
milkmaid":2r85t94s said:

Cow = female bovine

Calf = baby bovine

Bull = male bovine

You forgot 'steer'. :p

Oh and don't forget heiferette. :lol:

Got bull in my freezer right now.

BAGTIC":vgbsd24q said:
The bull meat I ate was definitely different than 'beef'. It was darker colored with a purplish hue and a glossy sheen.

Sounds to me like you might've gotten hold of some of that famed Mexican sewer rat !!!
Like in the urban legend - the people bring home a dog from Mexico - have it for months - take it to the vet and find out it's actually some species of rat found in Mexico !!!!!!!!

Latest posts