Bull leasing

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

A gentleman ask me to lease,my registered Limo<br>bull for 2 months.My question is what to charge<br>for the service of the bull.Any and all response<br>would be greatly appreciated.
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

I don't like leasing, what if he breaks his leg or penis? Who is going to replace him? <p>The best way to charge is a per head fee. Say $20. But will it be worth your time and the risk? 20 head @$20 is only $400. Are you sure his cows have no disease?<p>If you insure the bull and are convinced his cows are safe then it might work well.<p>Jason Trowbridge<br>Southern Angus Farms<br>Alberta Canada
<br>

[email protected]

I agree with Jason, you need to be VERY careful about who you lease your bull to and if you should at all. We purchesed a bull, unknown to us, that had been leased out and was just returned before we picked him up. He was 300 lbs. underweight, had lice, and was cut up all over, they also had him in with 50 cows and didn't feed him! We finally got him fixed up and he's fine, but it took many vet visits, and lot's of TLC! So if you do decide to lease your bull out, you may want to concider drawling up some sort of agreement (even if it is a friend) and make sure you state how he is to be fed, the price, how many head he will be breeding, and so on. <br>Good luck.<p>: A gentleman ask me to lease,my registered Limo<br>: bull for 2 months.My question is what to charge<br>: for the service of the bull.Any and all response<br>: would be greatly appreciated. <p>
<br>

[email protected]

(User Above)":38li8q5e said:
: A gentleman ask me to lease,my registered Limo<br>: bull for 2 months.My question is what to charge<br>: for the service of the bull.Any and all response<br>: would be greatly appreciated. <p>Darrell , I'll agree with Jason and Jess . If you decide to lease , have a contract including the bulls worth , condition etc . <br>I'm not a big fan of leasing , got into a deal a few years back like this , seems this guy (a socalled friend ) wanted his cows bred but thought maybe everyone in the county wanted calves from him to . I didn't know he had that bad of fences , I was talking to a fellow that was telling me about "this guys bull" running around the country . Needless to say I ended up having to go catch him and lost a friend in the process . <br> I know there are people make good money on leasing , but if people are serious about their cattle they will buy a bull .
<br>

[email protected]

(User Above)":1nm9t6e6 said:
: A gentleman ask me to lease,my registered Limo<br>: bull for 2 months.My question is what to charge<br>: for the service of the bull.Any and all response<br>: would be greatly appreciated. <br>Another thing to consider is what kind of health program he has in his herd.I have leased out a few bulls and they were never taken care of.Most times if is more trouble than it is worth.<br>
<br>

[email protected]

Latest posts