BULL IN PASTURE

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have 3 mixed breed beef cows who have calfs right now, but once the claves are weaned, how long will it be until i can put a bull on them again? also, when im ready to breed them, how do i do it? do i just put a bull in the pasture with my 3 cows? how long does he saty withthem? please email me the info as well as post it on the board, thanx!!!!1

[email protected]

You don't have to wait until the calves are weaned to breed the cows back. You need to wait for 45 days after calving, and then the cow can be put in with the bull. The 45 day wait is to give her reproductive organs time to heal.

The bull you use should have had an examination by a veterinarian to make sure the bull is free of disease and is capable of breeding a cow.

Just put the bull in with the cows and a healthy bull will take it from there. Cows come into heat (can be bred) on an AVERAGE of every 21 days. We leave our bull with the cows for 60 days, which gives the cow about 3 cycles to be bred. Any cow that doesn't breed within that time period is culled (or sold), as she probably is of lower fertility than she should be. Of course, all of our bulls have been fertility tested by our veterinarian, so we know the cow has a problem, not the bull.

> I have 3 mixed breed beef cows who
> have calfs right now, but once the
> claves are weaned, how long will
> it be until i can put a bull on
> them again? also, when im ready to
> breed them, how do i do it? do i
> just put a bull in the pasture
> with my 3 cows? how long does he
> saty withthem? please email me the
> info as well as post it on the
> board, thanx!!!!1

Rafter L Murray Greys