Bull hunt

Help Support CattleToday:

Lazy M

Reaction score
Wonder where the bull is?

Found the ladies.. think this old boy has about punched his ticket..

I'll probably run some electric around the bull lot and try to get one more fall breeding out of him.. then he's done.

Yep, anything that "customizes" gates goes to the top of the cull list.
That being said, our bull lot fence is made out of high way guard rail.
He was just being a bull. They are hard on everything.

greggy said:
Curious, was he alone ?

Sure mashed those gates up :)

Yes he was alone. Might help if I move a bred cow in there with him

So quick to pass judgement on the guy. How many of you have snuck out for a night on the town? :cowboy:

WFfarm said:
So quick to pass judgement on the guy. How many of you have snuck out for a night on the town? :cowboy:

lol...I can dream of it, the gate here are firmly closed, in fact, I am not sure what I should do if I ever find one unlocked ?

Bulls in adjacent pastures destroying fences & gates during breeding season shouldn't be tolerated. That said its fool hearty to condemn any animal to solitary confinement. Ebenezer is spot on:
One electric wire will do the job. A management problem and not a bad bull. He has libido.

A bull penned up by himself with that fence and gates. I would expect him to push his way out. Cattle, especially bulls, tend to be social animals. And bulls are stronger than any fence you can build. An electric fence works the majority of the time. A cow or two to keep him company goes a long ways to help.

A bull penned up by himself with that fence and gates. I would expect him to push his way out. Cattle, especially bulls, tend to be social animals. And bulls are stronger than any fence you can build. An electric fence works the majority of the time. A cow or two to keep him company goes a long ways to help.

Got him back in today. Put a line of electric around the fence that is hot enough for smoke to come out his ears if/when he tests it. He is by himself as I sold his 2 running mates recently and will bring a couple more in before fall breeding. Just glad he busted out the way he did because the other direction would lead to the open replacements and he is not a heifer acceptable bull..

Latest posts