Bull hoof wrap

Help Support CattleToday:

44Paws

Reaction score
What can I use to wrap a wound on my bulls hoof right above the hoof? That will last a bit so I am not having to change everyday to keep him from being stressed out?

Make sure it's clean and dry. Then vet wrap or gauze & vet wrap then cover with duck tape. Still needs to be changed every few days. It will hold moisture and cause more problems.

Post a photo of the wound. From my experience wrapping does more harm than good on most wounds. Flaps need cutting off, you will never get them healing in place. I find they heal very well. Spray something on it each day if it makes you feel better, see how TC cut open an abscess on a bull with just a bucket of cubes in the thread "working bulls".

Ken

It's pretty cashy when you get pretty horseshoes on it
Wait, what? I bought Vet Wrap in camo print, horsey print and every color of the rainbow (including fluorescent) when I had to wrap my leg after surgery. Naturally, the color had to match my outfit. Worth every penny!;) Although it was less than $2 per roll at Orscheln Farm & Home.

Post a photo of the wound. From my experience wrapping does more harm than good on most wounds. Flaps need cutting off, you will never get them healing in place. I find they heal very well. Spray something on it each day if it makes you feel better, see how TC cut open an abscess on a bull with just a bucket of cubes in the thread "working bulls".

Ken

Attachments

• 8832D96B-0F60-48F7-AC78-DAB122648B28.jpeg
    8832D96B-0F60-48F7-AC78-DAB122648B28.jpeg
    369.1 KB · Views: 17
This is area my vet took a biopsy he thinks it's cancer. I am just trying to keep the flies away from it.

I've had situations like that.
vet treats it , sprays wound spray on it, take a paper towel and apply porters lineament salve on it , wrap with vet wrap. Keep him in dry bedding and change every three to four days.
back feet are bad with bulls but have had them heal.

Alumend or Alushied will keep the flies out of it. Had a horse that got a bad injury in the middle of summer. Vet came out and stitched her up and recommended after washing it with betadine and rinsing, to spay with the alumend or aluishield. Did great to keep the flies away. You might consider spraying a blue-kote on before to prevent infection.