bull hearing problem

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
Have any of you all ever had a bull with a sensitivity to noise, where it just made em act strange? I got a holstein bull that hates certain noises, the 4 wheeler wagon being pulled behind the 4 wheeler, and last nite, I rigged up this sled to pull a huge bull calf out of the barnyard, it hardly made any noise, but I could tell he did not like the noise it made. I've never had a bull react to noises, just wondering if anyone else has.

Thanks

Gail

I have one cow that goes nuts everytime I drag the garbage can down the driveway. She can't stand it she gets to snorting and jumping up and down and walks sideways with her head lowered at the garbage can. When I walk back she stays in the corner and keeps an eye on the can for a few minutes then she's fine.

Holstein steer...went nuts when we pulled calf pens, cattle panels, etc. that made a metalic or crunching type noise behind the polaris. It would follow along bucking and bouncing and acting like it wanted to get it. When we'd stop, he'd stop and wander off, and when we'd start up again...there he'd be, doing the same thing...

Holstein bulls are psychotic, ya' know... 8) Guess it even goes for steers.

Alice

It's mainly because cattle don't have alot going on in their lives. They get excited at anything new.

Sometimes our cattle get real annoyed and excited when they wont all go into the corral. I am pretty sure its the words coming out of my mouth and the dogs biting their heels and noses!!!!

yeah i had one go nuts about the garbage bin too. I found that if you put molasses in their ears they tend to be a lot quieter. you should try it

Molasses in the ears is an interesting concept Guyrob!
I sure am happy that it woked for you but i wouldnt reccomend it normally.
:stop:
But just maybe honey could do the trick, just as natural as molasses but more attractive to flys ants and various insects.
:D
Or why dont u make them some ear pluggs with wine bottle corks coverd in wax. this would make them easier to remove.[/b]

my neighbor had a brangus cow that hated the garbage truck. she woul;d chase it down the road and then when she gets to the corner or if it stops she paws and has a fit.

jcarkie":1y7m8iem said:
my neighbor had a brangus cow that hated the garbage truck. she woul;d chase it down the road and then when she gets to the corner or if it stops she paws and has a fit.

I would've loved to see that! :lol:

Alice

Latest posts