Bull has hurt leg

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have a 2 year old bull who slipped in the mud while breeding a cow. He hurt his back leg. He was doing real well, and he was trying to breed another one and fell again. This time it's more serious. We have him pinned up and gave him a short of steroids to help the healing process along. Does anybody have any suggestions.
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

(User Above)":o6ea7sau said:
: I have a 2 year old bull who slipped in the mud while breeding a cow. He hurt his back leg. He was doing real well, and he was trying to breed another one and fell again. This time it's more serious. We have him pinned up and gave him a short of steroids to help the healing process along. Does anybody have any suggestions.<p>I think you have taken the right approach. The injury will never heal if he is left in the pasture to bred cows. Only time will tell if the injury is serious and if the medication produces intended results. If he limps keep him penned up several weeks after the limp ceases. Consult a good vet. Good Luck.<p>
<br>

mhuddles @agr.state.tx.us

<p>If you have a vet with an x-ray machine, and the bull is a good one, it may not hurt to have an x-ray done, to see the extent of the damage. Then you can determine whether it's worth your while to allow him time to heal, or if you should get rid of him. You may not want to keep your females away from a bull as long as it will take him to heal.
<br>

Latest posts