bull frame size?

Help Support CattleToday:

brihop

Reaction score
where do you find out a registered angus bull's frame size? (I don't see it anywhere on the angus registry page with the epds/pedigree, etc)

I don't think it's listed because it's not predictable in a sense that despite prodigy care has to be an influence at some point.

brihop":1e494u7w said:
where do you find out a registered angus bull's frame size? (I don't see it anywhere on the angus registry page with the epds/pedigree, etc)

If it is a AI sire you might be able to see it on the semen company website. Otherwise i don't think the AAA puts it on their papers. I could be wrong about that though. I know that with the GV assn if we report a frame score then it's on the papers.

Hope that answers your question. BTW which bull are you looking at.?

You hear many breeders that are going for efficiency say that they want a more moderate/smaller frame size. So if thats what someone wants then how would they find it out? I didn't expect that it would be an epd, just a reported trait of the individual animal. Also, had someone say that one of pollinator's favorites (Fame) had too big of a frame size for them. Just wondering how is measured, reported and subsequently looked up by "John Q. Cowman".

Latest posts