Bull for a Renown cow?

Help Support CattleToday:

Richnm

Reaction score
Any suggestions for a 3 year old Renown cow? AAA# 19154267? She is my favorite cow by a mile. I want newer blood and marketable (epds) I am going to place an order this week. I was thinking GAR Hometown, DB Iconic , Entice? Her last calf is aaa# 20130890. Thanks.

I always like to go back to the likes of a GAR bull on my SAV sired cows to help with the marbling numbers. I have a GAR Ashland son from a Renown cow that I am very happy with and I see that Hometown is an Ashland son. I have also used DB Iconic on a couple of Renown daughters this year but won't see the result for another 8 mths yet.

Ken

I always like to go back to the likes of a GAR bull on my SAV sired cows to help with the marbling numbers. I have a GAR Ashland son from a Renown cow that I am very happy with and I see that Hometown is an Ashland son. I have also used DB Iconic on a couple of Renown daughters this year but won't see the result for another 8 mths yet.

Ken
My Renown's foot score is almost perfect. That would help the GAR influence. I think Iconic looks better than Hometown? Hometown calves are money makers, but in 22 months they might not be.

Try again. I sampled Iconic in a special introductory offer here this year, his numbers seemed very good apart from foot scores but I'll watch that. I see his name mentioned on facebook quite often and people talking about flushing to him. He only cost me $15/straw and we don't have to buy certificates here so pretty good deal. They are after having data recorded here on the Australian database.

Ken

Try again. I sampled Iconic in a special introductory offer here this year, his numbers seemed very good apart from foot scores but I'll watch that. I see his name mentioned on facebook quite often and people talking about flushing to him. He only cost me $15/straw and we don't have to buy certificates here so pretty good deal. They are after having data recorded here on the Australian database.

Ken
When you have calves let me know. You will be a few months ahead of me.

Latest posts