Bull Feedlot

Help Support CattleToday:

vs_cattle

Reaction score
In the next year I want to start feeding about 6-10 bulls that calve out at my place. My plans are to have a 100x200 pen for them out of pipe fence and 12-24 feet of it to be feeder panels would this be okay any help is appricated

vs_cattle":mu34idgj said:
In the next year I want to start feeding about 6-10 bulls that calve out at my place. My plans are to have a 100x200 pen for them out of pipe fence and 12-24 feet of it to be feeder panels would this be okay any help is appricated

What do you mean by "Feeder Panels"?

that sounds just like the set up that I have, except that I have a fence built from 4x4 and lanscape timbers on the front w/ a trested 2x4 feeder panel and built in bunk feeder. It can feed up to feed head. The difference is that I have a 6 wire barbed wire fence with a hot wire on top instead of pipeI also turn them into a small 200x200 plot of my neighbors which is vinyl and 5 strand with hotwire. only had 1 bull break the vinyl fence so far, and that was before I put the hotwire up. He was eatin under the fence and raised his head up and snapped the bottom rail. The feeder system is a must as is keeps the bulls from fighting over feed so much. Ill try to post some pics of my system tomarrow

vs_cattle.. You can't do everything in an operation.. Between the calving, farming, fence building, fence maintenance, customer development, SCHOOL right isaac...

Go to the California charolais association... Find a bull test.. submit the bulls to a test.. you take care of a couple of issues..

Put the Feedlot Fence money in your pocket.. you needs will change fast as your herd grows... Trust Me

Second you will get to use the test for customer Development and the test will help Market the bulls that make the sale... and bring in additional bull buyers you don't recruit..

Both wins in your pocket..

Also you bulls are feed by professionals.. Vet Tested and ready to go to work for your customers...

You concentrate on breeding, calving and the day to day of your cows.. Let someone else worry about the bulls.

Whats The Best Way To Choose What Bulls Go To Test Once I Get To That Point; And Yes School Too But I Enjoy All The Aspects Of Cattle Ranching Not So Much The Harder Labor Fences (barbwire,T-post)

Latest posts