Bull Evaluation

Help Support CattleToday:

4CTophand

Reaction score
TRIPLEC EL PODEROSO REY
ASA Nbr:2117256

CE Brth Wean Year MCE Milk MWW Stay CW YG Marb BF REA Shr API TI
EPD 13.1 -1.2 42.3 87.6 4.1 3.0 24.1 28.3 8.2 0.03 0.21 0.05 0.39 0.05 144.9 73.7
ACC 0.66 0.83 0.79 0.78 0.63 0.70 0.71 0.24 0.56 0.56 0.40 0.48 0.38 0.05

Ebaluate this Bull for overall traits

Haven't seen too many of his daughters in person, but what I have seen has been good. From a well-known breeder. Don't know how much he has been sampled outside of his home herd - I was taught to be leery of how a bull is proven out back when I was in the dairy business. Too black for me to sample - I wonder if Jeanne from Simmi Valley has experience with him?

Back when I was considering crossing our Brangus with a continental (simmental and gelbvieh in particular), this was the simmental that stood out among the others for what we wanted. If I recall, someone on these boards were accidentally shipped 10 or 12 straws from this sire. I wonder if they used them.

Greenjeans

I used Triple C Reymond and was really impressed with the bull calf we got from a first calf heifer. BW was 80, most of our BW's are in the 85 to 95 range. WW was 780 and YW was 1230. From weaning on he really showed great musle expression and was structurally correct. I sold him to a local rancher who used him on his heifers. Should see the results in a couple of months. Sad to say the bull I sold is dead. I am planning on using Reymond again this year.

simm man":3plnyyfl said:
I used Triple C Reymond and was really impressed with the bull calf we got from a first calf heifer. BW was 80, most of our BW's are in the 85 to 95 range. WW was 780 and YW was 1230. From weaning on he really showed great musle expression and was structurally correct. I sold him to a local rancher who used him on his heifer. Should see the results in a couple of months. Sad to say the bull I sold is dead. I am planning on using Reymond again this year.
Thanks for your reply Simm man , it is nice to see some forward thinking cattlemen/women on here for a change
:tiphat:

So if i use something black i am a forward thinking, but if i stick with red i am backward thinking??Think i will stay red, never liked black.

Maybe it's backwards to try to preserve individual breeds, instead of diluting all breeds with one breed. :?: